Fractal used for Real Amp Design!!!

nicolasrivera

Reaction score
Wanted to share something i find pretty amazing, an amp designer using Fractal to virtualy design a analog tube amp for production. I'm talking about the Carol Ann Triptik 2.
here is what the designer said in a TGP thread:

When I designed the Triptik 2 model, this was done in reverse. It was proto-typed as a model in Axe long before it was a physical prototype. I saw value in testing the concept first, kind of used the Axe as a first level design / audio test tool. It worked tremendously well and certainly shortened the design timeline quite dramatically and with much less expense. While this toolset is not available through the user interface, Cliff is a close friend of mine and made some suggestions to the original Triptik model that I took on board and drew up a schematic. He then modelled it in the Axe using the original Triptik has a foundation.

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?posts/23945706/

frankv

I have a new love.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It's almost like why bother. Just use the AXE.

mmd

Reaction score
It's almost like why bother. Just use the AXE.
Well, we both know WHY....there are dudes that would rather lose their arms than use a modeler. Plus, if the CarolAnn dude can still sell the amps, why not? Lol....

Liam

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
This had occurred to me last year as a possibility, and really glad to hear someone has successfully used it. A bit if me says "why bother?", but I'm betting I do another gig with a small combo before my number is up. I've modelled my Princeton Reverb in the Axe FX, wonder if that will result in me changing the amp at all? (And I really can't remember every change I made to it in the last 35 years).

Liam

Last edited:

Liam

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Why climb Mt Everest? Cuz you can.

That's usually my answer when people ask "why (anything)?" :p
My Uncle Gordon has a great explanation. "It will be an adventure!"

It's why I got into Fractal amp modelling, it's why I got into modifying tube amps and effects pedals, and it probably explains a whole lot of the weird life I have led alongside messing with guitars and amps.

Liam

Rocco Crocco

Reaction score
Wanted to share something i find pretty amazing, an amp designer using Fractal to virtualy design a analog tube amp for production. I'm talking about the Carol Ann Triptik 2.
here is what the designer said in a TGP thread:

When I designed the Triptik 2 model, this was done in reverse. It was proto-typed as a model in Axe long before it was a physical prototype. I saw value in testing the concept first, kind of used the Axe as a first level design / audio test tool. It worked tremendously well and certainly shortened the design timeline quite dramatically and with much less expense. While this toolset is not available through the user interface, Cliff is a close friend of mine and made some suggestions to the original Triptik model that I took on board and drew up a schematic. He then modelled it in the Axe using the original Triptik has a foundation.

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?posts/23945706/
That's pretty cool. there are a couple amps in Helix that are Line 6 originals... probably based on one actual amp or another, but are really their own animal. A few of them are outstanding. It never occurred to my to use modeling as a tool to build the real thing. pretty amazing.

cybermgk

Singin' the body lectric
Premium Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

mwuhahahaha, the worm has turned.

Last edited:

lakeburst

Reaction score
back engeneering from back engeneering

Last edited: