Forget all the other crap, when can I wash my truck?

marksoundguitars

Chief Paint Sniffer
Reaction score
It pisses me off no end that every time I wash my white pickup it rains the next day, then I get the stupid backwash from the idiot road warriors going in both directions when I have to go to work.

So now it's been nice for a few days, but there's a chance of rain this weekend. I hate seeing my pretty white truck with all the splashy schmutzy spots all over, and to boot, there's a metric buttload of yellow cedar pollen on my hood and bed cover. UGH.

I really want to wash all this crap off my truck, but I don't want to waste the money. Definitely a first world problem. ;)

GZR3pgh[1].jpg

DavGrape

Look At Me. Look At Me. Stop Looking At Me.
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had to laugh, I've heard about that cedar pollen.

tjbitt

Reaction score
It's terrible here in Virginia. You can wash your car and the next morning it's covered in a yellow-green dust that clings to everything after the morning dew dries up. It gets sticky too. One of my other hobbies is amateur astronomy and this time of year I won't set up as the pollen will wreak havoc on mirrors and corrector plates on my scopes:Ohno:

spoony

Reaction score
It pisses me off no end that every time I wash my white pickup it rains the next day, then I get the stupid backwash from the idiot road warriors going in both directions when I have to go to work.

So now it's been nice for a few days, but there's a chance of rain this weekend. I hate seeing my pretty white truck with all the splashy schmutzy spots all over, and to boot, there's a metric buttload of yellow cedar pollen on my hood and bed cover. UGH.

I really want to wash all this crap off my truck, but I don't want to waste the money. Definitely a first world problem. ;)

View attachment 453971

Nice truck, brother!

s

nauc

Reaction score
www.windy.com

u newb ! :rofl:

MSB

Banned
Reaction score
rain ain't got nothing on pollen, and white ain't got nothing on forest green

turkey season and pollen season seem to coexist here, so they both get an in & out cleaning at the end of each spring.

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Gonna wash the cars tomorrow. No rain for a few days, plus it's something to do.

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 453971
Could be worse. Could be mine. :)

HLZlYpX.jpg

ErictheRed

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Your fault for buying a white truck! Seriously, who buys white cars?

Pappy58

Reaction score
Buy a gray truck..they hide it the best. Next best thing is to put a good ceramic sealer on it...what doesn't run right off will with a quick spray with the garden hose

rogue3

Reaction score
Your fault for buying a white truck! Seriously, who buys white cars?
+1...black is beautiful! :rofl:

my black 15 year old Pilot(which runs like a top),is my Interceptor.:cool2:Washing the outside is optional,but i just gave the inside a maintenance wash,lol.

Last edited:

Olds442

Reaction score
a pressure washer at the house gets the job done in seconds.

it takes longer to plug it in than it does to wash a vehicle.

Latest Threads