For you coffee hounds.. great tip on whole beans.

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
i've been using this baby for the past few years.
keeps me happy. has a built in burr grinder. hopper load.
the water receptacle has a charcoal filter you can change whenever you feel like it.
thermal carafe to keep it hot as long as you like.
and fully adjustable amount of water, strength of the brew etc.
has a timer, you can turn the grind off if you want to use pre-ground coffee too. pretty flexible really.
once in a while i give it a good clean and then run some vinegar thru it to flush it out.
then a few pots of water to clear out the vinegar smell.
it's good. it's tough and it didn't cost a million dollars.

View attachment 573731
I had an earlier version of that and loved it. It was a mf to clean, but it made good coffee and kept it drinkable hot for a few hours. I did get tired of overfilling the carafe because I forgot to empty it before brewing the new pot. Haha.

Skeletor

Reaction score
I had an earlier version of that and loved it. It was a mf to clean, but it made good coffee and kept it drinkable hot for a few hours. I did get tired of overfilling the carafe because I forgot to empty it before brewing the new pot. Haha.
Did that once..learned my lesson. I have a similar Cuisinart with the thermal pot - no grinder built in to mine though.

Damn pot though - can't pour a cup without dribbling all over the counter. Need to fill my mug over the sink.
Scrapped my messy grinder but bought a dribble pot coffee maker :doh:

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just confirmed... we've had it since March and she hasn't even taken it apart to clean out the burrs.
The last one was a Bodum Bistro... $60 grinder, and she would have to clean it out every few days, and she was always banging it on something (I'm sure the neighbors appreciate the new one too)
The grind was OK, but it was a freaking black snowstorm on the counter.
She tried all of the "tricks" like putting a drop of water into the beans... still made a mess and clogged.

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
Did that once..learned my lesson. I have a similar Cuisinart with the thermal pot - no grinder built in to mine though.

Damn pot though - can't pour a cup without dribbling all over the counter. Need to fill my mug over the sink.
Scrapped my messy grinder but bought a dribble pot coffee maker :doh:
That dribble is why we finally just went back to the regg’ler ol’ maker for our morning pot.
We did pour over for a while and it’s a far superior cup of coffee, but just too much effort for more than one cup. I know there are ways to make more, but I like simple things and the coffee pot makes it simple.

I also have an espresso maker with steam wand that has paid for itself 100+ times over by not having to buy latte’s. It essentially saves us $10/day for the days we have them, and we have them more days than we don’t.
I also use the steam wand to make the kids hot chocolate with milk and just a little chocolate syrup in the mornings. It’s pretty healthy, all things considered, and they love it.

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
You guys with thermal pots prolly already know this, but if not... Fill the pot with HOT water and let it sit while you grind your beans, then dump it before brewing. That gives the brew a nice warm home.

A thermal pot is the only way to go, unless you are drinking the entirety of the brew. Sitting in a glass pot on a warmer only cooks the flavor out of the coffee.

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
You guys with thermal pots prolly already know this, but if not... Fill the pot with HOT water and let it sit while you grind your beans, then dump it before brewing. That gives the brew a nice warm home.

A thermal pot is the only way to go, unless you are drinking the entirety of the brew. Sitting in a glass pot on a warmer only cooks the flavor out of the coffee.
Our first pot never gets the chance to overcook. :)
It doesn’t bother me much anyway.
I just need the chemicals.

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
That dribble is why we finally just went back to the regg’ler ol’ maker for our morning pot.
We did pour over for a while and it’s a far superior cup of coffee, but just too much effort for more than one cup. I know there are ways to make more, but I like simple things and the coffee pot makes it simple.

I also have an espresso maker with steam wand that has paid for itself 100+ times over by not having to buy latte’s. It essentially saves us $10/day for the days we have them, and we have them more days than we don’t.
I also use the steam wand to make the kids hot chocolate with milk and just a little chocolate syrup in the mornings. It’s pretty healthy, all things considered, and they love it.
Wife got a Ninja... seems to work pretty well.

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Looks like a Ninja day.... we got this one for our youngest daughter last year for her birthday. She loves it.

Screen Shot 2021-11-24 at 8.43.46 AM.png

Deftone

Reaction score
25 years ago or so a female friend of mine was throwing one of these out...

iu

She said it was broken so I asked her if I could have it. I fixed it, and I still use it today.

My favorite price: FREE.

bilbarstow

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody got one of these?

Cuisinart DBM-8
I'm on my second DBM-8. The first one got broken by being knocked off the counter. Killer machine, I'm grinding Kona as I type this.

But, as M&M says, it can be messy. Since I'm the only coffee drinker, I just clean up after it. Makes the best coffee though.

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got my coffee.

As far as pods go, the Columbian Supremo was by far, the BEST coffee I've had yet. Full flavor and NO bitterness. Fantastic cup-o-Joe!!!

Gonna try the Fog Chaser tomorrow.

Thanks for the GREAT tip, Dave!! :)

JTM45

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got my beans today, I’m not home to try it but my wife is going to grind some up and give it a go

Thanks Lt.

Seven

Reaction score
Already finished half the bag of the Extra Dark Italian Roast. It's delicious and my wife loves it too.

fett

Get fett. It pays.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I just bought 18 pounds of coffee for $25.00 and free shipping. Let's see if the seller actually ships it or I get refunded. :applause: :rofl: :hippie:
1638821188567.png

Latest Threads