For whose suffers of stomach ache / burn

LPBR

Reaction score
Some of you may know that I had my gall gladder removed a couple weeks ago. While it could kill me over time if I didn't have made the surgery, I didn't feel any difference so far (yeah, I didn't have pain even in the crisis).

However one week before my surgery I have been submitted to an endoscopy to investigate the causes of my acid stomach and belly aches and I have found that I have a gastritis and an esofagitis.

The gastritis is an irritation in the stomach itself that may evolve to a wound and eventually to an ulcera being it caused mainly by acid food and emotional reasons (stress, anxiety, etc). The result is pain in the region close to your navel.

The esofagitis is an irritation in the low portion of the esofagus caused because a mechanical issue called 'hiatus hernia'. We have a kind of valve at the end of the esofagus. This valve opens to allow the food gets into the stomach when you swallow and then it closes when your digestion process starts to avoid that the stomach acid reflux back to the esofagus. When you have a hiatus hearnia, it means that your valve doesn't close properly so it allows that this acid returns to the esofagus irritating it. The result is an inside burning sensation.

Both problems are treated mainly with a change of feeding habits. I achieved a very good result and would like to share it with you. I have suffered for YEARS with pain and burning and could have it fixed easily a lot of time ago with simple adjustments.

So, let's see.

If you have PAIN in the belly at the navel area and maybe a bit above it, chances are that you have a gastritis. It is more common than you can imagine, specially if you are a nervous, tense, stressed, anxious person. Don't ignore it because it may become an ulcera that is too much more hard to treat. Basically we treat our mouth as a garbage can and pump inside all sort of bad stuff. The first thing is start treating your stomach with respect and it does mean to avoid sauces, spicey food, soda, fat food (chocolat, fat meat, butter, ham, etc) and acid fruits (orange, lemmon, pineapple, etc). Just avoiding such food you will feel an incredible improvement in your quality of life, specially with a dramatic reduction of pain.

If you have BURN sensation, chances are that you have a esofagitis. Because it is a mechanical problem caused by reflux from stomach acid to the esofagus, all you have to do is to make gravity to work for you. The worse thing someone can do is to eat and lay down. So, you should avoid do that. After a meal, try to stay seat at least for 2 hours before you lay down. This is specially important at dinner. Another nice trick is to avoid to drink liquids together with the meal, because the liquid will make the food float in the stomach and will make easier the reflux happen.

These small tricks will help a LOT. Since I started using them I don't have any burn anymore and my pain is going away.

It is important to mention that a continued discomfort and/or pain in the abdomen area is not something that should be ignored. It is normal to have it once in a while but a pain that comes to stays or that keep returning recurrently is a sign that something is not right. In such cases a visit to a gastric doctor is welcome because he will probably ask for an endoscopy -- that is not a big deal and that can reveal a lot of problems. And endoscopy can show an ulcera, a gastritis, an esofagitis, bactery infection, cancer and other things in the gastric system.

It is better to see the doctor and have time to fight the problem than realize that you have a severe stuff when it is too late. Beside that, MOSTLY of people that have pain in the abdomen area carries issues that may be fixed with simple solutions. So why keep suffering?

:thumb:

Tone deaf

Reaction score
I'd advise you to not take any Ibuprofen and be very careful with any meds that could further irritate the gastritis.

The only pains that should be allowed to fester, untreated, are related to the metaphoric heart.

LPBR

Reaction score
I'd advise you to not take any Ibuprofen and be very careful with any meds that could further irritate the gastritis.

The only pains that should be allowed to fester, untreated are related to the metaphoric heart.

Yeah, I definitively forgot about medication! Thanks, TD!

:thumb:

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stop eating chocolate. Yer a funny guy! I'll live with the pain! :)

Latest Threads