For those with multiple Les Paul Reissues, Do you have a #1?

Torshalla

Reaction score
I love them all... but my all around favourite is my Perry burst. It feels right, is the easiest LP to play I have ever tried (together with the VOS Perry burst I used to own) and sounds awesome all around.

I also do love my Skinnerburst... it sounds huge.
And I also love my AFD... it sounds just as it is meant to sound and is so light... great fat neck too.

Waiting for a 4th LP now... hoping to love her at least as much as the other 3 :)

Attachments

Gold Tone

Reaction score
Of this bunch,... my primary two are the R8s..... the lemon burst in the top right and the CC28 (R8) laying down.

Though I give them all equal attention.... all have their own Character and purpose and they do it so well that I have no need or gas to expand the herd.

View attachment 528828
Consider an all Hog guitar

mudface

Boo Bee
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Consider an all Hog guitar
Well,... I do have several Juniors and SGs... those can be considered all Hog.

4D3FFAB6-2E79-4266-A33D-F7C272E386CD.jpeg

Here are some all Hog pieces I have.

But this thread is about Historics.... that’s the herd I brought up.

Now I have herds of other species like Fenders and luthier made.... but those are for another thread.
;)

Last edited:

Sct13

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had many many of these ....more than 20....but not all at once. After literally rummaging through guitars from 2000 through 2019 ...I got tired of it....

There were Many #1's ....

and I really remember the ones I should have kept ...but I also remember the ones I was so glad to get rid of ....usually because I didn't get along with the neck profile.

So ...to answer the OP's question it is currently the one sitting next to me....a 2014 MTM R8, factory aged ...Its one of the best Les Pauls' I have ever touched....Nearly prefect in every way.... It has its "flaws" but they all gotta bring some bitchy problems ....you just cant get away from that.

I had 5 all at once (too many) and this was one of them....

Now I also have a 2019 Anniversary R9 and that's a pretty special R9 but that damn neck isn't quite the winner this R8 is....I think the Carmalita neck carve has too much "V" in the profile for me....but its sonically bombastic and a real joy to play.

I judge with this one parameter in mind....It MUST play without arguing with my muscle memory while live in band or during a recording session....Its a very narrow window....

Pageburst

Reaction score
I have to say, a lot of the responses here concur with my own feelings. I do have a couple of Les Pauls that I’d consider my favorites but there are characteristics I like in each of them.

One of my least favorite Les Pauls became one of my most favorite Les Pauls after a couple of pickup swaps, caps and pots and a set of grovers. There’s something satisfying of taking a guitar you know has the goods but is a little “shy” and finding away to really bring it‘s voice out

Ultimately, I feel immense gratitude to have such an abundance of beautiful instruments to play.

joba

Reaction score
I felt like a jerk twice for clicking on this.

Reactions: JMP

burstone

Reaction score
I had many many of these ....more than 20....but not all at once. After literally rummaging through guitars from 2000 through 2019 ...I got tired of it....

There were Many #1's ....

and I really remember the ones I should have kept ...but I also remember the ones I was so glad to get rid of ....usually because I didn't get along with the neck profile.

So ...to answer the OP's question it is currently the one sitting next to me....a 2014 MTM R8, factory aged ...Its one of the best Les Pauls' I have ever touched....Nearly prefect in every way.... It has its "flaws" but they all gotta bring some bitchy problems ....you just cant get away from that.

I had 5 all at once (too many) and this was one of them....

Now I also have a 2019 Anniversary R9 and that's a pretty special R9 but that damn neck isn't quite the winner this R8 is....I think the Carmalita neck carve has too much "V" in the profile for me....but its sonically bombastic and a real joy to play.

I judge with this one parameter in mind....It MUST play without arguing with my muscle memory while live in band or during a recording session....Its a very narrow window....
Same here. Many have come and gone since '98 when I first noticed Historics and bought a few '94s actually. One of those, 9 4216, just after Murphy left Gibson I guess, was a fantastic one. The top, color, weight, neck profile, and tone, it had it all. I'd love to get that one back!

So, the current one sitting next to me is an early Y2K R9 that I posted about in a new thread last night. I've kept it longer than 3 months, which is a good sign since most of them don't last more than a month. If I keep it longer than 6 months, then it may last few more years. :)

IMG_0005.jpg

leofender55

Reaction score
For a lot of us, the question could be: Which LP is your #1 this week? The R0 in my avatar is usually the first LP I take out, but at the times I plug in my G0, it becomes the #1 of the week.

modavis99

Reaction score
For a lot of us, the question could be: Which LP is your #1 this week? The R0 in my avatar is usually the first LP I take out, but at the times I plug in my G0, it becomes the #1 of the week.
I’m this way. I have an R9, an R0 and a 68RI and the one that I think sounds best varies from day to day. Which is weird, frustrating and beautiful at the same time

dc007

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Shanks (CC#7) is my favorite Custom shop guitar. The R9 gets a good bit of play time. The R6 not so much since I landed my Junior. AAMOF the Junior is getting lots of attention now and it aint a CS guitar

dasherf17

Reaction score
I’m this way. I have an R9, an R0 and a 68RI and the one that I think sounds best varies from day to day. Which is weird, frustrating and beautiful at the same time
Some days we just want to hear something different...I haven't listened to the the Beatles in ages...I'm not getting rid of the records...

cragginshred

Reaction score
Question fellas, did any of you replace the nut with an angled cut bone or other? My R9 did not need an angled nut cut cause it stays in perfect tune, but my Slash model did due to tuning issues.

Latest Threads