For those with kids (drug related)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
It is funny. Jake died on the 15th..... his funeral was the 22nd. Neither of those dates this year seemed to really bother me..... today I am unbelievably sad...... odd the only time I am not down anymore is when I am working or on stage. Even my work is kind of "on stage" doing demos.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
Damn.... for some reason I miss Jake bad tonight. We "talked" in Facebook messenger late at night a lot. I miss him. I am not much of a drinker never have been but when I do drink everything becomes hilarious to me. Last couple of times I have had a drink I become just sad. I need to get back to work or back on stage ..... too much time to just let my mind wander and wonder.

bungle

Reaction score
April 30 will be 8 years since we lost Justin. :( Seems like yesterday. I just try to think of the good memories. This time and holidays is always the worst.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
April 30 will be 8 years since we lost Justin. :( Seems like yesterday. I just try to think of the good memories. This time and holidays is always the worst.
It is rough. I feel for you.

DMMKLP

Reaction score
We are all with you as a community here on MLP. That I know and trust in.

Mockbel

Reaction score
This is a tough one... I have 3 boys.. they are still very young (6 and 4 years old) but so many nights when I lie on bed I just have thought thoughts about the kids 10 or 15 years ahead... would they be good or bad? will I be able to raise them correctly? etc.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
This is a tough one... I have 3 boys.. they are still very young (6 and 4 years old) but so many nights when I lie on bed I just have thought thoughts about the kids 10 or 15 years ahead... would they be good or bad? will I be able to raise them correctly? etc.
All that you can do is the best that you can. And even then there are no guarantees. In hindsight I made mistakes and so will you. But if you will read the very first post in this thread I believe with everything in me it will help you. People say that you cannot choose their friends and that may be true but you can damned sure steer them away from people. I didn't, under the idea that being around Jake and around us would benefit them. I am the guy in the neighborhood that parents tell their kids "If something happens and I am not home get to Steve". All summer long my yard is full of kids. I have walked out and said "ok who are you and who are your parents " more than once. But now I am more aware of the "bad kid" and watch em like a hawk. There is a boy in the neighborhood. He is a whole story on his own or rather his POS mom is. I tried to help and mentor him.... He is no longer allowed here. It is not his fault but I don't care I have an 8 year old grand daughter that I have to worry about.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
All that you can do is the best that you can. And even then there are no guarantees. In hindsight I made mistakes and so will you. But if you will read the very first post in this thread I believe with everything in me it will help you. People say that you cannot choose their friends and that may be true but you can damned sure steer them away from people. I didn't, under the idea that being around Jake and around us would benefit them. I am the guy in the neighborhood that parents tell their kids "If something happens and I am not home get to Steve". All summer long my yard is full of kids. I have walked out and said "ok who are you and who are your parents " more than once. But now I am more aware of the "bad kid" and watch em like a hawk. There is a boy in the neighborhood. He is a whole story on his own or rather his POS mom is. I tried to help and mentor him.... He is no longer allowed here. It is not his fault but I don't care I have an 8 year old grand daughter that I have to worry about.
I just read this entire thread.. shed a few tears...but the last post in the thread was odd. The boy got in trouble for "humping" a little kid in the county next to us THEN got caught masturbating on the school bus and letting kids watch. This was just a couple of weeks ago. He is 12 or less in age. Has been seen out on his bike at 3-4 in the morning out here. He has recently just disappeared. I assume in juvenile detention.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
Oh yeah I am friends with the local sheriff(actually the deputy who knocked on my door to tell me Jake died) He told me when this kid lived with his grandparents straight As and no trouble. With his cracked out mom nothing but trouble

LtDave32

Let Desert Star be your next guitar!
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I just read this entire thread.. shed a few tears...but the last post in the thread was odd. The boy got in trouble for "humping" a little kid in the county next to us THEN got caught masturbating on the school bus and letting kids watch. This was just a couple of weeks ago. He is 12 or less in age. Has been seen out on his bike at 3-4 in the morning out here. He has recently just disappeared. I assume in juvenile detention.

That's more than a bit inappropriate for here. In fact, it's pretty sick.

I think this has about run its course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads