For those with kids (drug related)

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
And no...I am not trying to make a sale. NO ONE is gonna pay what mine costs without seeing it demonstrated.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
Guys check cleared... took him a check this afternoon. He acted like everything was just fine.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
I remember years ago at a 4th of July party. Neighbors put on a huge fireworks display. I held a portable amp over my head and Jake played The Star Spangled Banner. The pride and the lump in my throat are just a memory. So is Jake...bad day today.

Reactions: BKS

Ed B

Reaction score
Steve, that's another memory you can smile about. I smiled reading it. Keep your head up.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
Been a while since I have posted in here.. been a while since I have been this low. Got the guitar out tonight and for some reason every song was a bit more sad than the last one and every one reminded me of Jake. My solo music "career" seems to already be winding down. Getting harder and harder to find gigs that wanna pay enough to cover gas. The band seems to be flowing more to the type of music I like.

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
Been a while since I have posted in here.. been a while since I have been this low. Got the guitar out tonight and for some reason every song was a bit more sad than the last one and every one reminded me of Jake. My solo music "career" seems to already be winding down. Getting harder and harder to find gigs that wanna pay enough to cover gas. The band seems to be flowing more to the type of music I like.
It's OK to be sad once in a while.
I hope it gets better.
:thumb:

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
This will be our third Christmas without Jake. I stayed home the last couple of days while Angie visited her family and today( Christmas eve) we had company ALL DAY. Christmas is pretty much over for us this year and tomorrow Stevie (our oldest son) and I are taking off to visit a buddy in new Jersey for a few days. Gonna do some hunting. I like spending time with him. Sounds cliche but it's like being with the best part of myself. We joke that we can spend all day together and not say 3 words but thoroughly enjoy the time lol. Last weekend before the bands first gig my buddy in the band asked me if something was wrong. I told him I was just thinking about how Jake never got to see me on stage and how geeked he would be to see me in a band. He asked me if I wanted tondedicate the show to Jake and Intold him no because I was afraid that it would bring everyone down.

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
This will be our third Christmas without Jake. I stayed home the last couple of days while Angie visited her family and today( Christmas eve) we had company ALL DAY. Christmas is pretty much over for us this year and tomorrow Stevie (our oldest son) and I are taking off to visit a buddy in new Jersey for a few days. Gonna do some hunting. I like spending time with him. Sounds cliche but it's like being with the best part of myself. We joke that we can spend all day together and not say 3 words but thoroughly enjoy the time lol. Last weekend before the bands first gig my buddy in the band asked me if something was wrong. I told him I was just thinking about how Jake never got to see me on stage and how geeked he would be to see me in a band. He asked me if I wanted tondedicate the show to Jake and Intold him no because I was afraid that it would bring everyone down.
My Best to you in these difficult moments.
You have to live them out.
Can't avoid them.
:thumb:

bungle

Reaction score
Christmas is always a hard time. 6th year without Justin my step son. Enjoy your trip!

MSB

Reaction score
a lot of people hurting this time of year. Wish I could bring more to the table for you guys, people are thinking/praying for you

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
Odd..... Christmas was not awful until today. I came home and my wife was taking the tree down and bawling. She has ornaments from the boys and the memories got her. I always hated this time of year before. It's worse now.

1FretLess

Reaction score
Much love yer way ...

somehow draw strength from each other

hang tough brother ....

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
Friday would have been Jake's 31st birthday. I have a feeling it is gonna be a bad day for some reason.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
Someone just posted this on FB. I have never seen it before.