For those with kids (drug related)

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
I swear.......its always something. You guys remember me telling you about my mom and sister and the way they acted over jakes death and how we conducted his funeral. On tv talking about GOD and Jesus......... my wife got a call from her cousin last night. Angies cousin and I have known each other since we were little kids. Her mom and my parents have been friends forever. Her mom is LOADED. Her mom also has alzheimers and apparently my mom and sister have been getting money from her. Her husband found out and simply asked them to stop. So of course my sister contacted her privately and asked for $2000.00 to send her daughter on a trip. The husband found out and started going back through the checkbook yesterday and has already found over $9000.00 they have gotten from her. NOT LOANS..... her mind is gone so they are just asking for money and she gives it to them. If one of you walked up and told her you needed 5 grand for something she would offer to pay for it........ PLUS ( get this for having some balls) they had her put her lawyer on retainer for my sister to use in a custody battle. Of course my sister isn't paying any of it.
I am supposed to be the low life. I am supposed to be the unethical one. I am the one my dad said would end up in prison. I am the heathen that does not go to church.......... I called this ladies husband last night. I told him to do whatever he needed to do and he would get no grief from me. I am not sure if there is a crime but it should be.

MSB

Reaction score
there is a special place in the Hell for people that take advantage of people not capable (whether it be physically or mentally).

bilbarstow

Premium Member
Reaction score
Steve, you are not supposed to be anything other than what you are. A good guy that tries, and has suffered a little more than he should have.

The big KARMA in the sky will see to the fate of your Sister. You are not responsible. Have some peace, my friend.

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Premium Member
Reaction score
You have a tough ass thing to deal with, Steve. I'm sorry things are so crappy right now.

My wife and I spend a lot of time staring at this and it just doesn't get any easier. If we had the added crap you are dealing with....I would crack. :(

61262431_10157310541474855_936155596099420160_n.jpg

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
You have a tough ass thing to deal with, Steve. I'm sorry things are so crappy right now.

My wife and I spend a lot of time staring at this and it just doesn't get any easier. If we had the added crap you are dealing with....I would crack. :(

View attachment 383777
I feel for you.... people don't know...... I should not have to deal with anything but I am the one everyone brings the shit to when it needs fixed. Or out of respect to let me know whats going on. I don't know if I put it on here or not but not long ago I got a call from my brother ( who LITERALLY lives 5 miles away but waited until he was in Mexico to do this) telling me how shitty Intreated our mom over Jakes funeral and how I didnt take her feelings into consideration. I am 53... my brother is 51. I have never laid a hand on him in anger.....ever. I told him that night he was getting real close to an ass whipping. And of course being in mexico he was a tough guy. ..... I am starting to despise the human race. A while back some friends were in a bad spot. We gave them 200 bucks for food. About a week later they got an unexpected large check. ME, I woulda offered me the 200 back ( I would not have taken it) instead they lived high on the hog for a couple weeks buying stupid shit......broke again........I am about at my end

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
My music partner is having a hard time...no phone no way to get in touch with him. I have a bunch of gigs booked solo that I told him I would take him on and split the cash because I know he needs money. ( this ìs a complicated deal so keep that in mind) his woman has a phone but right now they are not living together all the time. I messaged her today because we have a gig tonight and I have no idea where he is or how to contact him. I told her he needs a phone and she got pretty shitty with me about how they can't afford one.......but he just got a small amount of inheritance money and bought a new tele and a new Marshall amp. But he can't afford a phone to make money and they have a 3 day amusement park vacation this month. ........ I seriously am starting to just despise the average human.

RedSkwirrell

Reaction score
On my 21st birthday I called my best mate wondering why he hadn't been arsed to come out with the rest of us that night.
He didn't tell me that his Mother had died during the day, so as not to spoil my night.

Six months earlier she, a Dr's receptionist, had been diagnosed with cancer.
This was 1981 and things were much grimmer then.
She'd seen what would happen to her through her other patients.

Her husband cashed in half of his pension (maybe thirty years early?), so she could squeeze her remaining life into six months.
He knew this would leave him squeezed later on, but that didn't matter.

The day after she died my mate's older sister, their daughter, called his Dad up to ask for her share of the money.
Years later, when he was dying, she would visit him every few months and bill his estate for her travel expenses.
She stayed at his house after he died, to prepare for the funeral.
It was stripped of personal belongings by the time my mate had to apply for probate.
She also transferred his current account (that he was paying for his carers from).
People are shit.

My mate as Executor was asked some questions by HMRC (Inland Revenue) about his Father's financial affairs.
He showed them his Father's financial records, all his evidence, then pointed them toward his Sister.
She apologised, put everything back and no more was said.
People are shit and there's no justice in the world.

I was unaware of this issue until I saw your thread, a few moments ago.
I would like to pass on my sympathies anyway, even though you were never looking for them.
It's a horrible thing to go through and deal with.
One shitty thing after another.
Sorry Steve.
:(

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
On my 21st birthday I called my best mate wondering why he hadn't been arsed to come out with the rest of us that night.
He didn't tell me that his Mother had died during the day, so as not to spoil my night.

Six months earlier she, a Dr's receptionist, had been diagnosed with cancer.
This was 1981 and things were much grimmer then.
She'd seen what would happen to her through her other patients.

Her husband cashed in half of his pension (maybe thirty years early?), so she could squeeze her remaining life into six months.
He knew this would leave him squeezed later on, but that didn't matter.

The day after she died my mate's older sister, their daughter, called his Dad up to ask for her share of the money.
Years later, when he was dying, she would visit him every few months and bill his estate for her travel expenses.
She stayed at his house after he died, to prepare for the funeral.
It was stripped of personal belongings by the time my mate had to apply for probate.
She also transferred his current account (that he was paying for his carers from).
People are shit.

My mate as Executor was asked some questions by HMRC (Inland Revenue) about his Father's financial affairs.
He showed them his Father's financial records, all his evidence, then pointed them toward his Sister.
She apologised, put everything back and no more was said.
People are shit and there's no justice in the world.

I was unaware of this issue until I saw your thread, a few moments ago.
I would like to pass on my sympathies anyway, even though you were never looking for them.
It's a horrible thing to go through and deal with.
One shitty thing after another.
Sorry Steve.
Thanks.....long thread...... just some place for me to come and get shit off my chest. Yeah as you say people are shit. I know an older guy. Well off and has some land he bought years ago and built on. He has several kids, one lives in a house on the same property and takes care of things and his parents. This kid ( my age) is also well off through hard work. Well the dad is literally dying from cancer. He has told the son he is leaving the house to him. Son has tried numerous times to buy the house so dad can have the money and enjoy the rest of his life. There is a sister who also owns her home. She wants to sell her home and keep the money, AND thinks she should get dads home for free........ yeah people are shit.

RedSkwirrell

Reaction score
Thanks.....long thread...... just some place for me to come and get shit off my chest. Yeah as you say people are shit. I know an older guy. Well off and has some land he bought years ago and built on. He has several kids, one lives in a house on the same property and takes care of things and his parents. This kid ( my age) is also well off through hard work. Well the dad is literally dying from cancer. He has told the son he is leaving the house to him. Son has tried numerous times to buy the house so dad can have the money and enjoy the rest of his life. There is a sister who also owns her home. She wants to sell her home and keep the money, AND thinks she should get dads home for free........ yeah people are shit.
Similar situation but my mates' Sister was written out of the will by the Dad.
My mate insisted she be put back in with an equal share.
If she wasn't she would've dragged him through court until there was none left for him or anyone else.
That way she'd at least have some incentive to take that and bugger off.
She still wanted more.
Real PoS.

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Premium Member
Reaction score
My wife just got home today in tears again. I'm not sure she's ever gonna get out of this funk.

Rando357 messaged me and got me thinking about shit again. (no offense Rando...lol)

Here's my stepson the day he got home and we got him an apartment to ease his return to the world. It was a great day...….nothing but shit to follow until his death.

538734_10151160757194855_1985985619_n.jpg

Hamtone

Reaction score
Listen, everyone saying all people are shit, will find shitty people. There is MORE good than bad, however if you're looking for shit you'll find it.

You always find what you're looking for. When you give money, its spent, never loaned.

And my heart goes out to all with losses

Side Burns

Reaction score
Listen, everyone saying all people are shit, will find shitty people. There is MORE good than bad, however if you're looking for shit you'll find it.

You always find what you're looking for. When you give money, its spent, never loaned.

And my heart goes out to all with losses

I absolutely agree Ham, but sometimes you need to let people grieve and just give them your ear and time.

defcrew

Reaction score
Some of you guys have been through such that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy but I'm a firm believer that there is much more good in the world and good people than bad. I will say that you're never gonna keep everybody happy and people will go crazy over money and--as a departed pal of mine used to say--the more you stir a pile of crap the worse it stinks. Cull negative people from your life if possible. We don't get to choose family and those fam issues are so deep and complicated that you're never really gonna straighten them out. You can love people from afar.

Hamtone

Reaction score
I absolutely agree Ham, but sometimes you need to let people grieve and just give them your ear and time.
I completely agree. As hard as it is, keep the needle north.

I've had family tragedy, and it's been a long time, and still hurts, but anger, frustration etc is part of it. Look for the good, as soon as you can or the shit will drag you down.

Zungle

Reaction score
Honestly I feel like there "was" more good than bad in the world......but, the last 20 years of technological advancement has empowered and encouraged more stupidity, greed,and self indulgencent destructive behavior than any era of human history......

I'm of the opinion that now 75% of humans are useless scum at some level.....

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
There is (was) a motivational speaker named zig ziglar. He made statement that when you go looking for gold you have to move tons of dirt BUT you don't go looking for the dirt. You guys are right, I believe there is much more good than bad but we don't complain about the good.......an example, I sold 3 sets of cookware earlier and went to deliver them today. One guy paid with a check he asked me to hold until today so I did . I ordered and paid for his merchandise so I could do the deliveries all in one trip. I got to his house this morning and he refused the merchandise. His LEGAL right to cancel has came and gone but he knows that as a salesman I have to do whatever I can to make him happy. So now I have to wait for his check to clear and send him his money back and the entire time the guy treated me like I did something wrong. Had he been apologetic and had an actual issue I would have gladly taken care of it. Instead he said if I didnt give his money back he was gonna be an unhappy customer. I got mad and asked him how he was gonna be mad at me? Indid everything exactly like I said I would. I did not back out after shaking hands....I did not wait a week then change my mind so how am I at fault. Guy was a complete asshole............other 2 deliveries happy as clams........ the bad will always get more attention unfortunately.

Hamtone

Reaction score
There is (was) a motivational speaker named zig ziglar. He made statement that when you go looking for gold you have to move tons of dirt BUT you don't go looking for the dirt. You guys are right, I believe there is much more good than bad but we don't complain about the good.......an example, I sold 3 sets of cookware earlier and went to deliver them today. One guy paid with a check he asked me to hold until today so I did . I ordered and paid for his merchandise so I could do the deliveries all in one trip. I got to his house this morning and he refused the merchandise. His LEGAL right to cancel has came and gone but he knows that as a salesman I have to do whatever I can to make him happy. So now I have to wait for his check to clear and send him his money back and the entire time the guy treated me like I did something wrong. Had he been apologetic and had an actual issue I would have gladly taken care of it. Instead he said if I didnt give his money back he was gonna be an unhappy customer. I got mad and asked him how he was gonna be mad at me? Indid everything exactly like I said I would. I did not back out after shaking hands....I did not wait a week then change my mind so how am I at fault. Guy was a complete asshole............other 2 deliveries happy as clams........ the bad will always get more attention unfortunately.
That's sales, and that dude was broke, and had no place in buying.

Jock willink, says you're responsible for EVERYTHING.

In this case (not ball breaking) you hadnt set it up, up front cash only AND hadnt qualified him/ to be able to follow through with the sale. Again, I'm not being a dick and you're NOT wrong, but using this as an example, from jocko's POV..

Sales are always something, huh?