For the Less Discerning Coffee Enthusiast:

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
my dad used to boil a small pan of water, throw the grounds in the boiling water for a few minutes and then pour it through a small strainer into a bowl.

That shit was not for the faint of heart.

Dad boiled his on the stove in hunting season.... Drop a pinch of salt when done (grounds drop to bottom) and pour....

The aroma of that 'silver can' coffee would snatch yo ass out of bed... Damn good coffee....

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
An uncle of mine who was a life-long Navy man used to have his own coffee routine.
He drank strictly instant. He would put the powder into his mug, turn on the hot water tap and let it run.
Once the water was running enough to produce steam in the sink, he filled the mug and stirred.
Drank it black. No sugar.

I never once saw him boil water in a kettle.
I’ve done that lots of times with those little Starbucks packets. They were pretty good. I never ship without at least about 20 of them.

Deftone

Reaction score
Booty.JPG

Scooter2112

Reaction score
An uncle of mine who was a life-long Navy man used to have his own coffee routine.
He drank strictly instant. He would put the powder into his mug, turn on the hot water tap and let it run.
Once the water was running enough to produce steam in the sink, he filled the mug and stirred.
Drank it black. No sugar.

I never once saw him boil water in a kettle.
Boilers power the ship, not the cargo.

Latest Threads