For Sale/For Trade: Roman Rist Double Cut

El Toro

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
How can this still be here?

Roman makes awesome instruments. I have two on order right now! One will finally be ready next month and it's worth the wait.

You can get this one instantly!

jonesy77777

Reaction score
El Toro, if you like it soo much, buy it back, you know Romans work and are a big follower. I don't think it is worth that much for people that don't have a history with Roman, otherwise it would have sold by now. For 1500 you could get a LP standard, which may not have the handmade quality, but it has a hell of a lot more public appeal and resale potential. He has already said he is going to trade it or find that special buyer who know's Roman.

xsouldriverx

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
if i were thinking of getting a double cut by roman i would buy this with no looking back. you get a rist, its already made so there is no 1 year+ wait, its at a fraction of the cost. if its not exactly what you want then with all the money you saved you can mod it to your liking.
by the way ogre, did you get to try it with p90s yet?

ogrekiller

Reaction score
if i were thinking of getting a double cut by roman i would buy this with no looking back. you get a rist, its already made so there is no 1 year+ wait, its at a fraction of the cost. if its not exactly what you want then with all the money you saved you can mod it to your liking.
by the way ogre, did you get to try it with p90s yet?

Nah, I haven't. I had pretty much decided to keep it and I was looking into getting new electronics and P-90's for it and turning it into an axe that I'd actually play more. But since my house got broken into, I've got to divert funds into getting some things replaced that I stupidly didn't write serial numbers and monetary value down on to give to the insurance company. My lesson is definitely learned there.
I also had to pay someone to come out and repair my back door that I'll have to wait for the insurance claim reimbursement on. So at the moment, I don't really have the money to invest into it like I'd like to. This will probably one of those guitars that I'll regret letting get away after I ship it off and think about it afterwards, but GAS is getting to me I guess.
-Chris

diceman

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Give me a call, lets talk. :D Email replied to. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you - life has been kicking my ass the past few days!

Jason

Reaction score
Hope your life is doing okay, even if it's kicking you in the ass, dice. :thumb:Haven't seen you around here as much lately..

diceman

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Was gone for a few weeks w/ the National Guard - working on final exams for a couple classes while I was gone, and all last week finishing up (had to write 7 legal opinions based on about 50 court opinions). I got those finished up last night, just in time to start classes again today. Found a 2 day break to take the wife on a mini vacation in there somewhere :laugh2: which was my entire "summer vacation." 2 days a year ain't bad, right? ;)

diceman

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Well, it looks like this trade is complete. Thanks again, Chris.

This guitar is on its way to Chris:

(the minty looking one!)

P1030432.jpg

xsouldriverx

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
ooo its like looking at the future.
i hope you guys like your new guitars.

decoy205

Reaction score
Woah dice now youre gonna have two rist guitars?? Pretty cool and you can totally pimp that one out if you're not into the parts on it. Nice

Lungo

Reaction score
Personally I'm relieved. I've been unable to sleep at night trying to decide which of my guitars to unload in order to raise some cash to offer for that Rist. :D

diceman

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Thanks Decoy! I'm sure that the AVRI is a great guitar, and I don't doubt the Rist for a second. I'm a Rist believer. :D The Strat is boxed up and headed out tomorrow. I found myself taking the worry free beater Strat everywhere, and being too scared to mess up the AVRI. Hopefully Chris gets some good use out of it. It has a top notch luthier setup and deserves to be played!

diceman

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Woah dice now youre gonna have two rist guitars?? Pretty cool and you can totally pimp that one out if you're not into the parts on it. Nice

I'm pumped. I'm going to send in some pickups to WB to have rewound for the guitar. A humbucker sized P90 for the neck, and something spicy for the bridge. :D

ogrekiller

Reaction score
Yep, a deal has been made. I want to thank everyone for their interest, and of course, help. Hopefully, Dan will post some clips of it after he gets it set up with some new pups and let everyone see what they let get away (including me!)
-Chris

diceman

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Yep, a deal has been made. I want to thank everyone for their interest, and of course, help. Hopefully, Dan will post some clips of it after he gets it set up with some new pups and let everyone see what they let get away (including me!)
-Chris

I'll try and make it happen! Hopefully this one will get in the gig rotation as well. I'm already doing some pickup scheming... (and knobs, at Roman's request!!)

I hope you enjoy the Strat - its a winner.

PINKBITS

Reaction score
Two Rists :wow: :rolleyes:

Congrats Dice, am happy for you mate. :thumb:

I will be looking forward to hearing a clip once you fit her out with some new WB's :cool:

diceman

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Two Rists :wow: :rolleyes:

Congrats Dice, am happy for you mate. :thumb:

I will be looking forward to hearing a clip once you fit her out with some new WB's :cool:

I'll try not to let you down w/ the clip!

Chris - fire me that address when you can.

decoy205

Reaction score
I'm pumped. I'm going to send in some pickups to WB to have rewound for the guitar. A humbucker sized P90 for the neck, and something spicy for the bridge. :D

That should make for a tasty combo!! I wann see some up close detail shots of that bad boy when you get it!:dude:

Latest Threads