For Sale/For Trade: Roman Rist Double Cut

ogrekiller

Reaction score
For sale/trade is a Roman Rist hand made guitar. This is the history of the guitar that has been verified by both Roman and Jim: This guitar was built and given raw to Roman’s friend Jim (El Toro). Jim sold another piece that Roman built for him to fund another build he was anticipating. FedEx damaged the guitar that he sold in transit and would not cover the costs of repairs. Jim sent the buyer this guitar out as a replacement to keep the customer happy. The recipient couldn’t get past the guitar not having fret markers and decided to trade it, which is how it came into my hands.
The guitar is all old wood Honduran mahogany with a custom Rist stop tail piece and bridge with Sperzel locking tuners. The neck carve is an accurate '59 shape. The pickups are Seymour-Duncan in the neck and a PRS in the bridge. The headstock does bear the Rist logo in MOP I believe. There are no fret markers, but it does have nibs on the neck binding. El Toro had the guitar finished by Brent Gutierrez(Gutierrez Guitars (Brent Gutierrez) | MySpace - myspace.com/gutierrezguitars). As stated before, this was hand-made by Roman, but it does not have his signature or a serial number. The value of this guitar has been estimated around $2000.00. Roman’s starting price for a set neck that he finishes is around $2700.00, and it would take upwards of a year for him to complete. Why wait when you can have this one now? It will come with a beat, but functional hardcase. I’ll accept $1500.00 shipped and insured and will take into consideration all trade offers. My email address that I check constantly is [email protected].
-Chris
0809091427.jpg

0809091428.jpg

0809091429.jpg

jonesy77777

Reaction score
That's the problem I was talking about in the other thread and why I offered the advice I did. What someone like El Toro will pay is vastly different than what the general buying public will pay. Good luck on the sale/trade, it still sounds like you will come up well ahead in the deal:) P.S. Post some clips or something, that might help for those that haven't heard a Rist.

xsouldriverx

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
but he still is stating that its up for trade and no one is reposting what they wanted to trade. unless people think their posts from the other thread are carried over.

ogrekiller

Reaction score
It's cool, I'm sure there will be people coming with serious interest. For now, I know Diceman is still interested as I've been in contact with him via email. He's also been persuading me to keep it and throw P-90 sized buckers in it. We'll give it a bit and see how it goes. Money is still always good. I just had my house broken into last night and need to replace a few things. Luckily, it must have been a group of hoodlum kids with no interest at all in guitars. All my guitars and guitar gear is still thankfully with me.
-Chris

b-squared

Banned
Reaction score
Dang, man!
say_what_2.gif

Good luck on the sale. Looks like an awesome guitar...59 profile neck, but you can reach all the frets easily.

If he wasn't already building me one. :D

BB

xsouldriverx

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
sorry to hear about the bad news. thankfully the guitars are still there. the worst thing about most break ins is that they break something to get in. a window, door etc. then after things are taken you have to clean up after their mess. i hope all is well and the crooks get their own.

ogrekiller

Reaction score
Break-ins happen, but I didn't think it would ever really happen to me. I even have a good security system too. Bad thing is, one of the kids forgot to turn the freakin' thing ON! Ah well, material things come and go. I'm going to stay up beat about it and just be thankful I still have most of my stuff and hope insurance covers the rest.
So with that said, send some offers over this way for a great guitar that survived a home invasion!
-Chris

ogrekiller

Reaction score
I was considering keeping this Rist and putting some P-90's in it, but in light of recent events, funds will have to be diverted elsewhere. Namely, to repair the frame on my backdoor that got kicked in the other night.
I've heard good things about the avri strats, so if Diceman is still interested, this will probably be going to him at the end of the week.
-Chris

xsouldriverx

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
hey alex whats that last strat type guitar at the end? wood/finish.

ogrekiller

Reaction score
I appreciate the offer Alex, but I'm going to have to pass. Not much of a hollowbody fan (except for the 1964 ES-335 my uncle owns, that thing is HOT!).
-Chris

JMV

Reaction score
Shooting you a PM trade offer. ;)

JMV

Reaction score
EDIT - Can't PM yet. Email pending.

Jason

Reaction score
I think the Badwaters look pretty cool... was eyeballing their Teles for awhile...

alexx1263

Reaction score
ogre thanks anyway i figured id give it a shot and yeah the badwater series is pretty sweet. if you want it you can shoot me a pm (sorry for threadjacking)

Latest Threads