For Sale: 2009 R9 50th Anniversary Les Paul w/ Gold Cert. "Dark Burst" Historic Makeovers

Gn'R Junkie

Reaction score
Hello,

I have up for sale a 2009 R9 50th Anniversary Les Paul w/ Gold Certificate (I think they call this cert a Gold Book). This is a limited Run!! There were apparently only 500 of these made which included 250 Dark Bursts and 250 Cherry Bursts.

I purchased this Les Paul Brand New from Grinning Elk Guitars in Georgia around 9 years ago. I immediately sent it down to Kim at Historic Makeovers and got the top tier RDS package done on it including Brazilian Rosewood Fretboard.

This Les Paul has been played probably less than 5 times. (I actually had a friend of mine play it for me a couple of times so I could hear how it sounds) It has basically set in it's case in a closet inside my smoke-free home for all these years. I am not a player I am a collector who just could never find the time to learn to play guitar.

Historic Makeovers also put the upgraded ThroBak Pickups in it. I know this sounds crazy since I can't play but I wanted the best in case I could actually learn someday. This guitar is without a doubt one of the best sounding guitars I have ever heard. I really hate to sell her but for financial reasons I am forced to.

She comes with all the original paperwork etc..... I also still have all the original items that Historic Makeovers replaced as well as her original Pickups that will be included in the deal.

I also have the "Inspired by Slash" Les Paul Signed by Slash and Aged by Tom Murphy that I will be selling as well as the Slash Signed and Aged "Appetite for Destruction" Les Paul.......I am also gonna sell a Brand New in box Slash AFD100 Marshall that has never been played through.

I am asking $6800 or reasonable offer for this 50th anniversary R9. I could not find any other ones like this for sale on-line. I have over $10,000 invested in this Les Paul. If you need more pics please don't hesitate to ask. My cell # is (865) 308-2069 for Text or Calls.

Thanks for looking.............Darrell
IMG_5413 2.jpg
IMG_5402.jpg
IMG_5393.jpg

IMG_5395.jpg
IMG_5399.jpg
IMG_5400.jpg
IMG_5405.jpg
IMG_5404.jpg
IMG_5403.jpg
IMG_5412.jpg
IMG_5415.jpg
IMG_5417.jpg
IMG_5410.jpg

Brazilnut

Reaction score
Absolutely beautiful Les Paul. You should add the weight in the description, for weirdos like me.

Dools

Reaction score
I maybe interested. That's a Beauty!!! What pickups are in it now?

Gn'R Junkie

Reaction score
Thank You.....They are the "ThroBak" vintage Repro PAF Humbuckers....I remember paying Historic Makeovers an Extra $500 or maybe it was $600 to upgrade to these Pickups.

Mattcran

Reaction score
If the lucky new owner of the historic makeovers decides to sell some day, please reach out!
Matt

Haprom

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I Had a Blast Dealing With @Gn'R Junkie Yesterday, He Is a Honest And all Around Great Guy. The 59 HM Les Paul He Sold Me Yesterday Is Exactly What He Said and More... Let Me Add I have had 6 Historic Makeovers in My Life. By Far This One Is The Best of The Bunch, The Top is Just Killer, It Plays Like Butter, And The Brazilian Board Is Dark and Greasy, Pictures Don't Do It Justice At All... "Kim Knocked it Out Of The Park On This One"...I also Got To See and Play His Slash Signature Guitars And They Are Absolutely Killer...

Last edited:

Dools

Reaction score
I Had a Blast Dealing With @Gn'R Junkie Yesterday, He Is a Honest And all Around Great Guy. The 59 HM Les Paul He Sold Me Yesterday Is Exactly What He Said and More... Let Me Add I have had 6 Historic Makeovers in My Life. By Far This One Is The Best of The Bunch, The Top is Just Killer, It Plays Like Butter, And The Brazilian Board Is Dark and Greasy, Pictures Don't Do It Justice At All... "Kim Knocked it Out Of The Park On This One"...I also Got To See and Play His Slash Signature Guitars And They Are Absolutely Killer...

OK... Rub it in! Boooo

Latest Threads