For all young members to read..

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Ya know, there are loads of great kids out there. Some of who I know personally and contribute to this forum, but I afraid education here in some parts of the west is well and truly buggered.
I go into schools and colleges every day and if some people realized the pussy footing nanny state we have become they would be horrified.

It's all about ticks and boxes...Bums on seats and regurgitable knowledge...It's all about charts and leagues and which school is at the top of the league.
Obviously I can't say too much working in education, but I know for a fact one school who actively promotes teachers to get kids through exams..One way or another..And the another is to .' If all else fails complete it for them'.
Absolutely disgusting in my opinion.. I feel sorry for the kids who leave school and they realy don't have a clue about communication skills and how to behave in the real world..

For instance once in a school I heard two big kids telling a woman teacher to F***off. She was in tears and called for a male teacher.. He came along and told the kids to go to the exclusion room and this kid said to him.. " You can't touch me.. Just try and you'll loose your job".
The male teacher backed right down then left to get the headmaster. ( I love the way the buck is passed up the line ). The last resort is the head calling the police..
I strolled past and said something I wasn't supposed to say within education..
I said to this kid." Hey sonny.. See that line dividing your school from that road out there?".. He replied " Yeah what about it?" I said " Go over that line and say what the same thing you said to those teachers to that guy walking along and I'll gaurantee you'll be walking around with a bent nose for the rest of your life".
He replied.. " What do you mean?".. I said.. " You really have no idea son have you? Think about it."
Now funnily the next week I came into school these two guys were sitting on a wall as I came past and the one who I had words with waved.. Gave me the thumbs up and shouted... " Thanks Sir".

Just what the bloody hell has happened to our education system?

Mr Insane

Reaction score
As a teenager, I suggest you add rule #17
-pull up your pants.

The baron of norsworthy

Reaction score
Ya know, there are loads of great kids out there. Some of who I know personally and contribute to this forum, but I afraid education here in some parts of the west is well and truly buggered.
I go into schools and colleges every day and if some people realized the pussy footing nanny state we have become they would be horrified.

It's all about ticks and boxes...Bums on seats and regurgitable knowledge...It's all about charts and leagues and which school is at the top of the league.
Obviously I can't say too much working in education, but I know for a fact one school who actively promotes teachers to get kids through exams..One way or another..And the another is to .' If all else fails complete it for them'.
Absolutely disgusting in my opinion.. I feel sorry for the kids who leave school and they realy don't have a clue about communication skills and how to behave in the real world..

For instance once in a school I heard two big kids telling a woman teacher to F***off. She was in tears and called for a male teacher.. He came along and told the kids to go to the exclusion room and this kid said to him.. " You can't touch me.. Just try and you'll loose your job".
The male teacher backed right down then left to get the headmaster. ( I love the way the buck is passed up the line ). The last resort is the head calling the police..
I strolled past and said something I wasn't supposed to say within education..
I said to this kid." Hey sonny.. See that line dividing your school from that road out there?".. He replied " Yeah what about it?" I said " Go over that line and say what the same thing you said to those teachers to that guy walking along and I'll gaurantee you'll be walking around with a bent nose for the rest of your life".
He replied.. " What do you mean?".. I said.. " You really have no idea son have you? Think about it."
Now funnily the next week I came into school these two guys were sitting on a wall as I came past and the one who I had words with waved.. Gave me the thumbs up and shouted... " Thanks Sir".

Just what the bloody hell has happened to our education system?

Phil

If you wanna know whats happened to the education system the word labour party comes to mind.

I was a part time lecturer in a certain college and I was told that" if ethnic minority students did not pass there course that reflects badly on the lecturer because they failed to engage the student"!!!!:hmm:

Yeah right what if they did not turn up?? its still your fault!!:hmm:

In other words they were more interested in filling boxes.

I was a student the year before and I had to turn up to 80% of lessons or I would have been given a warning and if it became worse I would have been removed from the coarse!!

I was told if the students made up any aqusations the college would not back lecturers up and you would have to pay to represent yourself all introduced by MR blair.

So I said F that i am off:D:D

guitarbob123

Reaction score
surely brimingham should be the musical centre of britain.

john bonham, robert plant, tony iommi, ozzy osbourne just to name a few.

John Vasco

I was with the band
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
surely brimingham should be the musical centre of britain.

john bonham, robert plant, tony iommi, ozzy osbourne just to name a few.

You're 'avin a laugh! Of course you omit to mention the guitarist who was with Plant before Zep, and who regularly gigged with him in the post-Zep era. I'll give you a clue: guitarist with Bronco in the early '70s. And to compare Brummie music with what came out of Liverpool at the time of The Beatles and since is simply ludicrous...

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Phil

If you wanna know whats happened to the education system the word labour party comes to mind.

I was a part time lecturer in a certain college and I was told that" if ethnic minority students did not pass there course that reflects badly on the lecturer because they failed to engage the student"!!!!:hmm:

Yeah right what if they did not turn up?? its still your fault!!:hmm:

In other words they were more interested in filling boxes.

I was a student the year before and I had to turn up to 80% of lessons or I would have been given a warning and if it became worse I would have been removed from the coarse!!

I was told if the students made up any aqusations the college would not back lecturers up and you would have to pay to represent yourself all introduced by MR blair.

So I said F that i am off:D:D

You made the right move baron.. Good on you..
Dead right.. The kids are always right and you are always wrong..
Some of the youngsters reading this are probably thinking this is posted to have a pop at them.
On the contrary.. As I said previously, there are quite a few of my pupils on the forum and they are great.. Sensible..Polite and talented.
I posted this as more of an eye opener for them, than a dig at younger folk, because believe me kids, school is not about the real world.
Luckily I teach one to one and can pick and choose whom and who I want or don't want.. I could never be a classroom teacher..

Phil47uk

Reaction score
I think he was referring to the young kid...

See there ya go Vasco me old scupper.. Communication.. I'm no good at the guessing games. Sometimes I read posts in here and I haven't a clue as to who is talking about who.. I must have inherited my fiesty retort from you. Perhaps I have some Scouse in me somewhere..:laugh2:

ojedad23

the oj guy
Reaction score
actually no I as a youngster, beleive there's no advice not worth hearing

Guido

The Gweeeed
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Rule 3: You will NOT make $40,000/year right out of high school. You won’t be a vice-president with a cell-phone, until you earn both.

40k? I was expecting to make at least 80k :laugh2:

Leumas

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Rule 18: Fake it 'til you make it. If you start a new job don't show up the cock of the walk. Shut up a while and figure out what the place is all about, it's REAL hard to change people's opinions of you if you piss everyone off the first week.

eaglewolf

Reaction score
Rule 18: Fake it 'til you make it. If you start a new job don't show up the cock of the walk. Shut up a while and figure out what the place is all about, it's REAL hard to change people's opinions of you if you piss everyone off the first week.

Now that one is sure true. It is a lot easier to get a bad reputation than it is a good one.

Of course, I know a lot of 45-55 year olds that could probably learn something from a few things on this list. One thing I do notice is that even good kids (or adults) can be led astray by a few bad ones. I see that at work all the time. Unions can be a great thing - I was a member of one for nearly 20 years - but it isn't to be an excuse for poor performance. A company pays you to do a job, and regardless of the amount you are being paid you are expected to do that job well. Remember that and you will go far in life. One of those rules mentioned earning it...

David

Latest Threads