Food combinations you think are weird.

Oranjeaap

Reaction score
mayonaise on a burger

gross²

Mayonaise on fries is the bomb. Saying you don't like mayo on fries is frowned upon where I live. Eating it with ketchup is tolerated but any other sauce Noooo way.

Oranjeaap

Reaction score
Three things that I like, but will not eat as a part of anything else. Have to be eaten alone:

Pickles
Raisins
Bacon

We eat pancakes with bacon and cheese.
Or apple and bacon (and cheese).
Don't forget the syrup.

LPCM&BFG

Reaction score
If you know any Polish women (not 2nd gen immigrants, but actual Polish), ask them about Ketchup on pizza....

They like it... (I don't..)

Bytor1958

Reaction score
mayonaise on a burger

gross²

Mayonaise on fries is the bomb. Saying you don't like mayo on fries is frowned upon where I live. Eating it with ketchup is tolerated but any other sauce Noooo way.
A-1 on fries and burgers.

PeteK

Reaction score
Three things that I like, but will not eat as a part of anything else. Have to be eaten alone:

Pickles
Raisins
Bacon
Dill pickles are a fine snack on their own. I don't like them on much though. They make sammich bread soggy and they get kind of hot and gross on a burger.

Raisins are trash and serve no practical purpose in my diet. To make things worse, they occasionally trick me into thinking they are chocolate chips until I chew one and realize it's a rotten old dried out grape.

Bacon though. No bacon on a sammich or burger? I literally wrap other shitty foods in bacon just to make it palatable!

Caretaker

Reaction score
Chopped pickles or pickle relish mixed in tuna salad.

Pretzels and Potato Chips(one, then the other). Changes the flavor of both.

A friend drinks black coffee with butter.
He has more energy than anyone I`ve ever met and has lost over 70 lbs in the last 3 months, eating anything he wants.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Reaction score
Chocolate flavored fiber 'godookie cookies'?

:cool2:

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
i even tried it on popcorn, was a fail. (hot sauce)
Hot pepper powder. I'm disappointed by your average grocery store cayenne powder. Slap Ya Mama Cajun seasoning will work nicely.

1578685799197.png

More heat? Yes, please ...

Grind your own pepper powder / flakes. Dried De Arbol or Thai red pods make excellent medium heat powders. A PITA, but remove as many of the seeds as possible. Can also be added to Slap Ya Mama for a better kick.

More? Sure, why not in moderation:

I make a fiendishly hot blend powder. Habenero are the mildest pods. Everything else is near or over 1 million on the Scoville scale. A little truly goes a long way.

Bytor1958

Reaction score
Chopped pickles or pickle relish mixed in tuna salad.

Pretzels and Potato Chips(one, then the other). Changes the flavor of both.

A friend drinks black coffee with butter.
He has more energy than anyone I`ve ever met and has lost over 70 lbs in the last 3 months, eating anything he wants.
Yes!!! pickle relish in tuna salad and other spreads like that. My mom did that all the time.

Reactions: ehb