Folded steel guitars made in Germany

efstop

The dickens you say!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Verso

I like these, but at 1665 Euros, I'd rather have a crack at building my own. I have cherry, mahogany and a bunch of Plexi. And an assortment of parts.
I do like the idea of a moveable single pickup. That should be adaptable to a slug single coil with a magnet on the bottom and a hidden metal track in the body.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Odd......but interestingly strange.

Not far fetched at all. Neck-thru... Bent steel matters nada other than to hold the neck...... If it were not neck-thru, no big deal, the steel would rez better than wood, steel being light years more consistent than wood....

I think the movable pickups are cool... but starting at 2300 or so Murican smackers is a bit much....

I remember the titanium tube bass and some tonewoodians were saying 'see there? Wood doesn't matter. There's no body.' Bull. Shit. What did they think the freaking titanium was doing and metal is waaaaaay more rez than wood. (I don't buy off on specific 'tone woods' either, BUT good consistent wood DOES figure into the equation.)

I see the Verso as just another side idea in a long string of side ideas... Best of luck to em in selling those... Not for me but they are good sounding guitars...

Now the Corkerazi and their Tenonite squires will be sharpening pitchforks and making torches just to be ready.... ;)

Gfunk_Minor

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
That just gave me an idea....

What if one was to modify a Lester to have two volume, one tone, and one blend knob?
So when you switch to both pickups, you can blend the volume.

Any of you experts have ideas, suggestions, part lists, diagrams..?
I have an Epi that might be in line for a modification.....:cool:

SHIT.... after reading this, did I just add a volume pot for nothing...?

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty much. ;)

endial

Reaction score
Ahhhhh.... the ol' P.T. Barnam guitar!

Have fun, kids!

Latest Threads