Floyded Les Paul at GC

lhrocker

Reaction score
Well I decided to head over the GC after work to checkout a couple of historics and they had a whole bunch of new Les Paul's in. Checked out the Traditionals, new Standards and couple of Les Paul's with Floyd Rose's. The FR Paul's were really cool - sculpted heal to give that neck thru feel, tummy cut and of course, a Floyd. The neck was somewhere between a 60's and 50's and the pickups looked like 500/496 combo. Never saw a Floyd on a LP in person, but if I was in the market for another Floyd guitar, this would be it. Had a rather steep price of $3599, but it was a custom shop.

Has anyone else tried one, and if so, what if your opinion on it?

All of the new LP's played nice, but I am torn between a G0 and a R8 - kinda extreme in neck size, but they played so nice... Gotta save up or sell out... which will it be????

Tuxedo Kaz

Reaction score
I saw a floyded LP Custom Shop today too, with that nifty neck pocket joint thingy! It was really cool but I don't really dig Floyd Rose trems...I dig PRS trems more. :D With that said, it played pretty damn well and sounded really decent.

sarge40

Reaction score
Someone here was commenting on how they wouldn't stay in tune at all.

TheWellGoodShow

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Someone here was commenting on how they wouldn't stay in tune at all.

Well I mean they stay in tune decently well, but just very frustrating to deal with when changing strings or changing tunings.

Tuxedo Kaz

Reaction score
The one I tried didn't have the Fernandes Sustainer so I wonder what it was?

Androo

Reaction score
Well I mean they stay in tune decently well, but just very frustrating to deal with when changing strings or changing tunings.

I never change tuning on my Ibanez. Plus I rarely change strings. Only if I'm forced to. It's too much of a hassle IMHO.

Aceguitars

Reaction score
The one I tried didn't have the Fernandes Sustainer so I wonder what it was?

I believe that it is Les paul Axcess. Did it look like this(minus the color of course):
img7023by3.jpg

Dino

Reaction score
Floyded Les Paul = "Weight Relieved" :D

Axeman16

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i like foyd's but not on les pauls. the other day i played a chrvel evhart series (white frankenstrat) and i really liked it.

Aceguitars

Reaction score
Yeah...is that custom shop, on the right? It had that crazy neck joint.
You mean the standard? It should be. That neck joint is radical though! I've been trying to get my hands on one ever since I saw Alex Lifeson with it. They offer it without the floyd too (at least I think so)

Tuxedo Kaz

Reaction score
I'd buy one without the floyd for sure, that neck pocket was comfy. Especially for my shrimpy misshapen hands. :D

Latest Threads