Flogging a Dead Horse

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
Tim T here at my chipped table. I'm still fighting the FEZZ fight. I have been going STRONG for 19 years. I did take 15 years off to get my head STRAIGHT:shock: In 1994 I thought I quit for good. I sold off ALL my equipment. I even tried to sell my SG? WAS I CRAZY? YES!

The day I moved my equipment out of the storage unit,my brother band ,SpaceChrist was there. They were sad as I packed up ALL my props: Giant FENDER Pick,Casper Ghost Mask,Bluecoat, Bionic arm, Stuffed duck, fireworks,sex-doll,..........

I looked like Steve Martin at the end of THE JERK! Arms loaded with CRAP and my dreams DESTROYED!

I sought solace in the arms of THE INSANE! I quit my printing job. Got a crewcut and became a socialworker. NO MORE MUSIC><>>EVER!

I didn't pick up a guitar for 2 years. When I did ,I sounded the same:laugh2:Ah, the joys of hacking. I had 2 guitars. My 74 Custom and my 86 Sg. I had a smalll CRAP amp. I wrote 3 songs in a week. I was HUNGRY!

I met my wife-to-be at work. I shook her hand"My name is Tim. I'm a GREAT artist. I play guitar,sing,write poetry +prose,photography,acting, MODERN DANCE:laugh2:" I lied about that. I'm not into dance.......yet.

I took her on our first date. I played my 92 disc. It was ALREADY 5 years old:shock: Hey,You use what you can. She was IMPRESSED? She had dated 'artists" before >[email protected] ARTISTS! All talk. I showed her ALL my ART! TONS OF STUFF! SHe was "hooked". We soon got married.

I started to burn for music again . I bought guitar after guitar. I bought 6 amps:shock: Mrs. Fezz would look on with confusion?

"You don't have a band?"
"I will .I will RULE THE WORLD!

More years slid by. It was now 2008. 15 years had past. I was SO WASHED UP! Totally! My friend Pat Society, a GREAT PUNK SINGER+LEADER OF VIOLENT SOCIETY, drug me to two PUNK shows in one night. The Adolescents at the TROC and THE DICKS at the Lone Star. Both rocked.

I sat with Gary Floyd,Dick's singer, buying him drinks and talking SUPREME NONSENSE! He LOVED ME! He left the bar and jumped onto the stage. He was in his 50's. HE WAS GREAT!His guitarist was in his 50's and he DESTROYED on a beatup 335!

I rode home with Violent Pat. I was HOOKED! I told Pat"GET ME A BAND"

Pat was "thrilled". He always loved my music. The next day he called me up"I got you a bassist. An old fan of yours. Here is his #"

I called Tom" This is Fezz. Let's jam". He seemed alittle nervous?
"Ugh, Ok?"
"I'll be there in an hour"

I loaded up my Koch Twintone and THE BEAST. I drove through the winding hills of Bucks County, listening to Zep1. I got there and met my "new" bassist. He was BEAT-UP!He was an OLD 40.He seemed scared of me, and remained that way during our whole year and a half together? We jammed. HE STUNK! HE WAS MY BASSIST:thumb:

Now the eternal problem>>>>A DRUMMER!

Tom knew a young kid,Shawn,21 years young. Played like Mitch Mitchell:applause:

We get together. WHAT NOISE! Three desperate men.We practiced every Friday. We practiced in Tom's basement. I was the ONLY one with any energy? Tom was nervous and worried all the time. Shawn was GREAT,when he wasn't LOADED ON PILLS! We got a show at the RED STALLION.

OLD FEZZIWIG RETURNS AFTER 15 YEARS!

It was a ROCKIN' show. The night before Thanksgiving. A LOADED BAR! Mrs. Fezz finally got to see me play . People heckled. People laughed. People got DRUNK! I felt GREAT after a 15 year lay-off.

THE END WAS NEAR!

We played one more show. It was even better. PURE ROCK! People said I took them back to the BAD OLD DAYS!

We recorded 5 songs. The drummer got worse.. He would show up HIGH AS A KITE! Oxy to the max. He would pass-out at the kit. I would lift him off the stool. I would put him on a sofa. He would snore while Tom and I went over chords. WE WERE TOAST!

Tom called me
"Hey Tim, this is NOT working out"
"NO, Don't break up with me"
"UGGHH , I have my cover band, we are doing well"
"NO, That band STINKS! WEAK ! "
"Later Tim!"

I never even talked to my drummer again. LIFE IS CRUEL!

I then went out of my MIND! WHY ME? I'm REAL? TOO REAL?

I floundered for a year and a half. I finally BEGGED my guitar tech,Boozu, into drumming for me. OLD FEZZ #3 was a SUPER-POWER-DUO:thumb: We played 15 times in 2 years. NO SHOWS! NO NOTHING! I did record some "comedy" vids. Then Boozu took a powder on me. He blew me off dozens of times.
BYE BYE BOOZU:wave:

This leaves me here. 45 years OLD! 46 in Juy. I have a backload of unreleased songs. Close to 50. I'm attaching my red wagon to JOHNNY HATE> An old friend of mine> GREAT musician, bassist,guitarist,drummer. We are recording next week. We have 2 songs in the can. Johhny is a DRUNK! Will he survive long enough to finish my opus? It will be VERY interesting. This is the LASP GASP! Old Fezziwig #4.

I complain about computers,but without them I would be DEAD IN THE WATER! What a propaganda machine. I feel almost "LEGIT":laugh2:

What a ride. Still "flogging" OLd Fezziwig. A joke band. A "tired" joke band. Thank GOD FOR CHEESE! Irony?Satire? Performance Art? JUNK ART! I was made for these times!

Signing out from ROTTEDHORSEadelphia
Tim Rust
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnNIwxkDKxw]Neil Young - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSWBuZws30g]The Jerk (10/10) Movie CLIP - That&#39;s All I Need! (1979) HD - YouTube[/ame]

MineGoesTo11

Reaction score
I think you should also consider doing a space-rock synth-noise band and name it Sabu.

MagPel

Reaction score
What is this? Is the text some sort of artwork in itself? It´s not very coherent, but maby it's not ment to be?

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
I think you should also consider doing a space-rock synth-noise band and name it Sabu.
Mine ? I might? I can play "ambient" guitar ALL NIGHT:thumb:
What is this? Is the text some sort of artwork in itself? It´s not very coherent, but maby it's not ment to be?

Mag, It is just rambing beatnik inspired prose. I just write WHATEVER comes out. The Good +Bad+Ugly:wow:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7v2pmkAChM]Jack Kerouac documentary - "Kerouac, the Movie" (1985) - YouTube[/ame]

MagPel

Reaction score
Ok, got it. Not something i know that much about but i read "On The Road" a year or two ago and your text has got that same beat.

tazzboy

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Here you go Tim

beating-a-dead-horse.gif

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
Not low key quiet ambient... loud, scary space rock, cosmic exploding drums...radio active buzz-saw synths... black hole bass notes...guitars from planet X!! :wow::applause::dude:

Hawkwind vs FEZZ! I like it!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoZ_Lg21b14]Hawkwind - Silver Machine (Promo) - YouTube[/ame]

So What

Reaction score
Dude, I would love to see your thoughts into made into a movie.

You are one of the most entertaining people I have ever talked to!

Roberteaux

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Washed up?

You ain't washed up-- you're just now closing in on self-actualization.

And when you do... it's gonna be an all-new thing for you.

Trust me. I've seen this before. Time and pressure, man. But you're almost there...

--R :thumb:

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
Dude, I would love to see your thoughts into made into a movie.

You are one of the most entertaining people I have ever talked to!
So ,Thanks. I'm working on TONS of stuff. I'm going to start shooting Fezz Tv. I think it wil b e DARK comedy? I'll just shoot from the hip. I'm also working on an Underground Horror film=Acting +sound effects. I have a novel I keep re-writing. I'm feeling strong with THE ART! I'm REALLY trying to make some $. I must find my niche'. I'm a STAR with no stage. i'm TOTALLY comfortabe with the HYPE+HEAT! I LOVE it. Nothing stops me. Time to DESTROY!
Washed up?

You ain't washed up-- you're just now closing in on self-actualization.

And when you do... it's gonna be an all-new thing for you.

Trust me. I've seen this before. Time and pressure, man. But you're almost there...

--R :thumb:

Rob, I'm talking about THE R+R! I'm giving it one LAST try. I'm tired of relying on other people. I'm going to do stand-up comedy or a one-man play? I'm acting in UNDERGROUND horror flicks. I'm also writing THE NOVEL! I think I'm going to go NUTS again. Why Not? IT is an ART project:laugh2:Mrs. Fezz understands there will be BLOOD. I'm buying a bunch of butterfly bandages. TIME TO GET HARDCORE!:dude:

Zack

Reaction score
how does this have anything to do with dead horses?

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
how does this have anything to do with dead horses?

Zach , just a saying like.>>>Applehead Jump into the corn and flip earwigs from the SOUTHERN lord:wave:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIR1KfKXH6s]Sunn O))) - It Took The Night To Believe - YouTube[/ame]

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
right....

See Zach , I'm not a SMARTAPPLE, I want my ART to be understood and enjoyed. ART IS FUN!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpCCo4GfU04]Cactus Jack Uncle Willie Promo - YouTube[/ame]

Mule Train

Reaction score
The horse lives!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1WpgTzf8nk]Neil Young - Mansion On The Hill (Video) - YouTube[/ame]

Latest Threads