"FLEX" watches??

jlb32

Reaction score
Anyone here like them? They seem to be trendy but other than that they seem to donate 10% or so to worthy causes.

Just wondering since a friend of mine said they bought me one as a gift. Think it cost $20. They know I wear cheap watches to work since they get grease, oil, sweat and beat up where I work. I have not received it yet and have personally never heard of "FLEX" other than searching them.

Last edited:

Fiat Lux

Reaction score
Looks like a legal scam to me...

Selling really cheap stuff at a big markup on the basis of virtue signalling.

If you really care about causes, give them your money directly, you don’t need a $2 Chinese watch to do good.

Cheers

jlb32

Reaction score

If you really care about causes, give them your money directly, you don’t need a $2 Chinese watch to do good.

Cheers
That's cool if that is your thought.

Last edited:

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
I personally do not think they are a incarnation of Swatch. They just make $40 or so dollar watches and give 10% or so to worthy causes.
Fair enough. :) Have to like that bit ...

I meant the materials and obvious "cheapness".

jlb32

Reaction score
They're still making $35 a watch in profit. Seriously, they're just crap.
For what they are they aren't meant to be expensive hand crafted watches. If they are comfortable and good enough for work then that is all I need. I have nicer watches for outside of work.

Last edited:

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

Cheers
:laugh2:

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Life is far too short to wear cheap watches. I'd rather wear no watch.

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Reaction score
Do they make a model that donates 10% to fighting child slave labor in Chinese watch factories?

But hey, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't typing this on a machine that was probably made in the next factory over by people who would attempt suicide, if not for those nets outside the on-site factory housing windows. I'm not even sure there's an option for human-rights-ethical computing? We live in a strange world.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
Do they have an automatic movement? I get so much satisfaction out of wearing a finely crafted watch, I don't give a flying f*ck about the virtue-signalling aspect. If they could make a dive watch, with automatic movement, out of spotted owl bones, I'd buy it...

Latest Threads