Fixed the pickguard clacking problem on 60th anniversary '59

Emanresu

Reaction score
I know that there are some threads on this forum and others discussing it, but my new 65th anniversary was driving me nuts with the pickguard clicking/clacking against the body when I played. It was hitting in two places: along the straight edge in between the pickups and the end of the machine screw that attaches the pickuard to the metal bracket. I swapped out the machine screw for one that is 1/4 inch long and I added some adhesive wool felt (hoping that does not react to nitro, but who knows) in two locations (on top of some masking tape for the one on the pickguard itself) and now have a clickproof pickguard. Pictures of the underside of the picguard with the modification is attached as well as the top of my baby.

Attachments

mudface

Non-Deadbeat/Non-Prominent
Reaction score
Wow!! You have a future anniversary model.... love to see this up close. 65th won’t be available till 2024.;)

Emanresu

Reaction score
oops sorry, not sure why I typed that I meant 60th anniversary of course. just edited

mudface

Non-Deadbeat/Non-Prominent
Reaction score
oops sorry, not sure why I typed that I meant 60th anniversary of course. just edited
It’s all good..... nice anni by the way.... more pics please.:thumbs:

Paul46

Reaction score
Nice guitar!

I have a sheet of adhesive felt pads like these....

Felts.jpg

One of the first jobs I do is stick one or two of these to the end of that pickguard nut to stop it damaging the top.
Has worked well so far.