First new Les Paul in 4 years..

jbash

Reaction score
*fixed*

This is a killer bang for the buck guitar. Yes it has some slightly sharp fret ends, but otherwise it's dang near flawless. The fret ends will easily be taken care of..

Its loud and resonant like most faded Gibsons I have owned over the years. It plays beautifully, and sounds better than both my 2014s, including my faber modded Traditional. And even sounds great with the stock pickups. I have not owned a 498t equipped guitar in 13 years, but it's a fun change after years and years of PAF and T Top types. Reminds me of my old 1989 black standard.

Soft case is pretty damn impressive too.

Anyhoo, nice job Gibson!

Last edited:

El Pablo

Reaction score
Nice and congrats. I'm curious how you find this much better than your other two LPs. In what ways?

Thanks.

jbash

Reaction score
Nice and congrats. I'm curious how you find this much better than your other two LPs. In what ways?

Thanks.
Better overall build quality, better stock bridge and tp, better sustain and tone than either. Playability is not quite as good as the trad, about the same as the Classic. The classic is insanely clear/bright..not harsh, but like a strat on steroids. The Trad is warm/dark and just doesn't have much balls. The Tribute is clear and ballsy with better sustain and resonance than either. Not too bright, not too warm/dark. "Sings" better. Considering the Classic was almost 2K, and the trad was $2200...4 years ago.

The vintage burst classic (now my son's) which I converted to 2v2T is still the best looking one though :)