First Guitar

gadafi

Reaction score
Early - mid 70's Sakai SG with trem s/h for $30. Didn't stay in tune but was perfect for my needs at the time which was just making loud noises.

parts

Reaction score
This POS should have been used for firewood.. 1" high "action".. I hope it died an ugly death..
Something like this or WORSE.. almost went back to piano..

I was about 11..Mel Bay books and my first song.."Moon River"..1960..ugh.. A rental guitar with a few "free" lessons with a Nazi heavy smoking drunk at a inner city Chicago music prison.. Mr Gunther something..

Saved my newspaper delivery money and got a Silvertone electric..and saved my fingers...

Last edited:

FLH

Reaction score
I was 37 years old when I decided to get a guitar and learn how to play it. I was traveling for work and needed something to alleviate the boredom of being in a hotel room, so I went to Guitar Center to check them out. I had no idea what I was doing and didn't even know one chord. I just picked up numerous guitars and raked my fingers across the strings. One seemed to stand out above the others, so I bought it. It was Gibson CL-20 Plus, and yes, I still have it. It's a nice guitar.

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
POS no-name (literally... completely blank headstock) plywood bolt-on LP.
5-ply single bound, with bound headstock.
Laminated top... the pickup wiring was run through the gap between the top and slab.

Parents paid $100 for it from a pawn shop in Fullerton in '77

16-1_s.jpg

Boleskinehouse

Reaction score
It was a thing called a Synsonic. It looked like an Explorer with a built-in speaker. It was like a Toys r Us guitar or whatever from the '80s. I wish I had kept the damn thing. lol But I smashed it all over the driveway.

dave b

Reaction score
When I was 10, a Silvertone electric from Sears for Christmas 1968. (Jeez, sometimes your parents DO listen :laugh2: ) Lost in a house fire in Jan 78, just a couple a of months after I left home. Not much of a guitar, but would I ever love to have it back.

rogue3

Reaction score
Honestly? An early 70's Yamaha acoustic,which i pawned in 1975,for food money.Starving student syndrome at that time.:Ohno:

Latest Threads