Really.

Do the seats fold flat?

Spartom

Reaction score

No, something isn't quite right.

Wait.....

Ok, here we go:

subaruflipped_zps631ea636.jpg

That's better. Although, your speedo and tach needles are pegged, which is strange with nobody in the driver's seat. Better get that checked out.

mgenet

Earth = Cheese Burger
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score

Supernova

Reaction score
No, something isn't quite right.

Wait.....

Ok, here we go:

subaruflipped_zps631ea636.jpg

That's better. Although, your speedo and tach needles are pegged, which is strange with nobody in the driver's seat. Better get that checked out.

Remote controlled!

X–Ray

Cowbell by Misadventure
Reaction score
Very cool!

May you have a long and uneventful driving career :thumb:

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
Congrats and all!

In super good condition also!

Let's see how many girlfriends you can fit on the rear seat!
(Not necessarily at the same time...)

Punk Rock

Banned
Reaction score
Good deal, but your steering wheel is on the wrong side:run:. Congrats

SJJMcGhee

Reaction score
WTF!!! With how expensive car insurance is here, I'll be lucky to drive my dad's 1l Fiat Panda!

A friend got quoted £14550 for insurance on his dad's 1.4 Kia.

That was the cheapest quote :shock:

EDIT:just checked how much I'd be quoted for insurance on my mother's SAAB which has similar power and is also 2l.

£8753.81.

How are you affording that car! :laugh2:

dem00n

Reaction score
That engine is going to need a rebuild soon.

Supernova

Reaction score
Any car modifying geniuses here?

In terms of upgrades and modding, I've no experience and very little knowledge, although I've been trying to change that fact. I'm reading as much on this site and others as I possibly can, but I could still use a bit of help from those much more experienced. As the saying goes, a smart man learns from his mistakes, a wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

My end goal is to have a stealthy daily driver, suited to both start-stop journeys in and around the city, as well as letting rip on the country roads here in Donegal (rally country) and the odd track day.

I'm looking to improve acceleration, handling, responsiveness, top speed, ICE and exterior, in that order. However, I've got little funds, so I'll have to do this one step at a time.

Acceleration

Because of the weight of the car, it's quite poor off the line, so an increase in power should help this. Correct?

Handling

The handling isn't bad, however I'd like to improve it so that's it able to handle the planned power increases.

Strut Braces - are they worth it on the Legacy Wagon?
Brake Upgrades - The brakes are very good
Diffs - I don't know fully what a diff upgrade would do, could someone explain it to me?

Responsiveness & Top Speed

Engine Tuning should help with this, correct?

Intake - From what I understand/have seen on dynos, POD filters only give an increase of about 1.5%, CAI's again have an increase of about 2%, so are they worth it?

Throttle Body Spacer - a small hp gain, but appear to give a fuel economy increase.

Exhaust - I vaguely understand the difference between EL and UEL exhausts. UEL bolt on and exaggerate the boxer rumble, but EL will give better power gains, correct?

Cams - I have a SOHC, is it worth converting to a DOHC? What will this do in terms of performance?

Pistons - This would be a long way down the line in terms of mods, as they're not cheap.

ECU Tuning - Any plug and play ECU tuners?

Anything I'm missing/overlooking? What order should I go through the upgrades in? What gives me best bang for buck upgrades?

Latest Threads