Finally Spoke With Gibson

Iron Blimp

Reaction score
I finally got someone on the phone at Gibson today - been trying for awhile - and confirmed my serial number and description as a first year model. They could not tell me how many Elegants they made in 1997 but he said very few were produced due to the amount of "hands-on" labor.
Do any of the experts here know production totals for these Custom Shop guitars? This one is practically hollow with huge chambers on either side of the bridge going all the way up and the sound is unique. I've never heard one quite like this but the tones are great and very usable in my live shows. I'm running it through a TSL 2-12" combo or a JCM800 full stack depending on the venue and its great through both.
Thanks.

[/URL

[URL[URL=http://s2.photobucket.com/user/jdc1358/media/image.jpg1_zpshifjummb.jpg.html]
=http://s2.photobucket.com/user/jdc1358/media/image.jpg2_zpsz0pvpwmf.jpg.html]
[/URL]

Nop

Reaction score
Never seen this kind of Les Paul before.
Do you have more informations about her ?

Iron Blimp

Reaction score
Integra, it's a '97.

Nop, it's been surprisingly difficult to find info on the Elegant model.

Twst, I'm new to the band and in the last few months we've warmed up for Rick Derringer, CCR, and we just did a show with George Thorogood and the Destroyers...here's a selfie i took of us screwing around pre-show..

[/URL

starscream

Reaction score
Sorry I can't help with any production numbers, but damn that looks spectacular and I find myself really liking the Custom Shop headstock. if it sounds half as good as it looks, it must be real special. :dude:

circles

Reaction score
Nice instrument! Glad to see you are having fun with it.

twst1up

Reaction score

rikko

Reaction score
"Listen...you can hear the sustain..."

NICE PIECE MANG!!!

Donal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beautiful guitar, just love it.

Do any of the experts here know production totals for these Custom Shop guitars?
In general Gibson practically never release the numbers of any specific model made in a year. (Unless it is some special run with #/total, but this is more around special colours etc.)

Lefty Adams

Reaction score
You have one of the earlier Elegants, the later ones didn't have the CS logo on the headstock. So yours is a bit rarer imo. But limited run, ebony fingerboard and chambered design to me are the important factors.

As already stated, how limited the run was is hard to say, as Gibson don't ever give any figures for this kind of LE model.

Couple of links for you:

Gibson Les Paul… Elegant??? | Guitar Gear

jucciz.com

Latest Threads