Finally, my lengthy (opus) comparison of the Axe and Kemper

jageya

Reaction score
Great write-up! I am not sure I could live without knobs. For those Fractal owners who are not fortunate enough to have an AX8, at least you have add-on options to fix that!! :) :) :) Because I work in IT, I like to play with my computer off when I come home, as I think it just takes away my attention to playing some. Not when I am building a preset, of course.
this is a valid point. Last think i want to go is come home and have to open an editor to tweak around as i do that all day at work.

Greg's Guitars

Reaction score
The write up was wonderful, that said I was really looking into one of these until I realized I would have to "profile" every amp I wanted to store....to much hassle for an old guy like me...

cybermgk

Singin' the body lectric
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The write up was wonderful, that said I was really looking into one of these until I realized I would have to "profile" every amp I wanted to store....to much hassle for an old guy like me...
Not actually true. There are thousands of free ones on Rig Exchange that others have done. Kemper preloads with 100s. And there are professionals that sell profiles for reasonable price $5-15 for one amp, but many profiles of that one amp. Yep, I profiled my amps before selling them off, but I now have every Marshall ever made, in profile, that I never owned before.