Finally! Murphy Lab Ugly Headstock Repair model

mjross

Reaction score
Or at least candy.
Hey, I really look forward to that candy, especially the Bit-O-Honey! Damn, that’s the only reason I buy guitars from Sweetwater!

Uncle Vinnie

Amity, as you know, means friendship
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did he buy it or is he just previewing it? Sounded like maybe he did but not sure! Lots of bucks for a headstock repair.

Think he's just previewing it, but you never know. I'll check the next few episodes to see if he snagged it.

msalama

Reaction score
No comprendo the amount of stupid on this planet.

Rocco Crocco

Reaction score
The guitar in the OP was sold as used. Gibson did not break that headstock. It probably broke while being shipped to a customer. They took it back, fixed it (left it ugly intentionally?), and sold it as used.

Screenshot (35).png

Last edited:

mjross

Reaction score
The guitar in the OP was sold as used. Gibson did not break that headstock. It probably broke while being shipped to a customer. They took it back, fixed it (left it ugly intentionally?), and sold it as used.

View attachment 578033
Could have done a little better job on the repair I’d think. But hey, someone bought it!

spartacus slim

Reaction score

View attachment 578033
Every guitar that the Gibson Demo Shop has sold thus far has been listed as ‘used’. I’m not sure if this represents several thousand customer returns, or if they are listing factory seconds as used in order to fit the Reverb condition grading system.

In any case, Gibson selling a guitar with a repaired headstock appears to be something they have never done before, regardless of whether it was originally damaged in shipping or at the factory.

mudface

Shaw Bucker
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every guitar that the Gibson Demo Shop has sold thus far has been listed as ‘used’. I’m not sure if this represents several thousand customer returns, or if they are listing factory seconds as used in order to fit the Reverb condition grading system.

In any case, Gibson selling a guitar with a repaired headstock appears to be something they have never done before, regardless of whether it was originally damaged in shipping or at the factory.

Also note worthy is if this guitar is again on the market and the seller explains the sloppy headstock repair is factory made..... someone will be looking up this thread to prove it.

If I didn’t already know I would call BS.

I wonder if it comes with a COA that explains the factory repair??

DanD

Reaction score
I've done better headstock repairs....

lawrev

Reaction score
The thing with the Murphy Lab collection is that I won't no longer worry about dings and dents on a guitar. I call those the "Murphy Lab Effect." :)

mjross

Reaction score
This one does not make sense to me! I’ve seen Gibson do the headstock repair effect on Signature type guitars that actually had a repair to make them as accurate as possible. But this does not appear to be a Signature model, just a poorly repaired headstock from the factory. Gibson, please revisit this marketing plan. I can‘t believe Murphy is OK with this!

workerunit

Reaction score
After they paid Tom to run his razor blades all over the place it probably seemed the fiscally responsible thing to do.

Thus pushing aging into the next level.

They should do a few with broken heel joints.
Broken heel joints ain't sexy.

Sex sells

Great R8

Reaction score
It's the ones that everyone hates that become collector's items. But still, not for me.

Latest Threads