Finally! Murphy Lab Ugly Headstock Repair model

Slashperryburst

Reaction score
Murphy Lab Artist Series Pete Townshend model - new for 2022.

How does JC keep coming up with these great ideas? It is almost as if he is pulling trash out of the bins at the factory and reselling it for a crazy price at the Gibson Garage???

View attachment 577536
Now you've just given Pete an idea. Play a Murphy lab at each show and smash it to shit afterwards. Take a leaf out of Gene Simmons' book and arrange a presale for the remains.

The Murphy Lab™ heavy aged, smashed by™ series. $20,000 per guitar*. A true NFT. Non functioning trash.

*Not guaranteed to be complete. Some parts may be lost to unfortunate floor sweeping accidents.

Pete will get the ball rolling. Next up is the Murphy Lab™ sweated on and licked by™ in association with Angus Young.

mjross

Reaction score
Apologies, I was just being daft suggesting it’s a new model. What it actually appears to be is a Murphy Lab SG/Les Paul custom that suffered a break at the factory and was then subsequently repaired, had a stinger added to it, and is now listed for sale... for too much money!

The weirdest thing about the situation is that Gibson is even selling a repaired headstock guitar instead of just declaring it a write-off.
May be just me but you would think that Gibson could make a better repair that that. It’s like they are proud of it or something.

mudface

Shaw Bucker
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
May be just me but you would think that Gibson could make a better repair that that. It’s like they are proud of it or something.
Exactly my thought...Gibson would re-neck this guitar if a repair was the way to go......otherwise to the bandsaw.

This is a "New" marketing trick to sell broken guitars.......... profit from waste philosophy/tactic.

mjross

Reaction score
They are not even trying to minimize the attention to the headstock repair. They are actually showing a close up of the repair like it is an attractive feature! What am I missing here?

truckermde

Reaction score
Obviously, they're just on an envelope-pushing mission, which will result in increasingly retarded projects, until they finally do one no one will take the bait on.

At this point, looking around the world at just how much Stupid there is, I'm guessing they've got a way to go yet...

I mean, I just assumed it's legit, and I didn't even try to verify the veracity of this ludicrous advertisement.

mjross

Reaction score
Appears that this guitar sold! Again, what am I missing here? This is a new day for headstock repaired guitars.

SFK

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Of course, I appreciate that the Demo Shop is essentially an outlet for guitars that would in the past have been considered ‘seconds’, so maybe it’s a good thing that a perfectly serviceable instrument has been repaired instead of being run through the bandsaw and junked.

I’m just surprised Gibson is actually selling a guitar with a repaired headstock break instead of simply destroying it. I could be wrong, but I don’t think this has ever happened before in the company’s history.

After they paid Tom to run his razor blades all over the place it probably seemed the fiscally responsible thing to do.

Thus pushing aging into the next level.

They should do a few with broken heel joints.

truckermde

Reaction score
After they paid Tom to run his razor blades all over the place it probably seemed the fiscally responsible thing to do.

Thus pushing aging into the next level.

They should do a few with broken heel joints.
Seriously.

Where do they go from here?

SFK

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Seriously.

Where do they go from here?
92268970.vQn3gZbx.lp59modbeforeafter9gs.jpg

Latest Threads