Finally Got Around to Burny Stenciling My Case

BGD

Reaction score
First time doing a stencil. Definitely not perfect, but I'm digging it. A LOT.

Thank you Matmont1305 and Slapshot.
BurnyRSACase_zpsd2031be5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

irishstu

Reaction score
Ha, nice! I've been meaning to do the same for some time now.

Lupinsansei

Reaction score
Good job on that stencil - don't throw it away just yet. You can use if for all kinds of cool stuff now.

9133436078_c16e38f0d1.jpg

BGD

Reaction score
Ha, yeah I've been looking around my house for more stuff I can stencil. Thanks, all!

Mr Teeny

Reaction score
Nice one , did you use spray adhesive on the back of the stencil? I had some bleed through on my first attempt at doing an Orville one, plus I'd kind of rushed it and the nozzle on my can was ****ed and spitting. Reckon I'm much better prepared now for when I do another sometime.

Still considering getting a vinyl plotted stencil done like the stuff they do for cars, stick it down , spray some clear to seal the edges then use some gold spray to finish.

1daf93fc-fdeb-4402-941b-56662693ded3_zpsfcceb869.jpg

BGD

Reaction score
Nice one , did you use spray adhesive on the back of the stencil? I had some bleed through on my first attempt at doing an Orville one, plus I'd kind of rushed it and the nozzle on my can was ****ed and spitting. Reckon I'm much better prepared now for when I do another sometime.

Still considering getting a vinyl plotted stencil done like the stuff they do for cars, stick it down , spray some clear to seal the edges then use some gold spray to finish.

Looks like you had the same situation I did. I didn't use spray adhesive. I used some tape, and predictably, I got the soft edges. Next time, spray adhesive. And cardboard isn't really the best material, either. Yeah, some kind of think plastic/vinyl would be preferable. That said, I still love the "new" case, and it beats looking at the faint Epi logo!

slapshot

Reaction score
pizza boxes probably aren't the best thing to use but hey whatever ya got to get the job done right?
if you decide to go again in a few months get your paper printout laminated before you cut it out then a bit of spray adhesive on the back wait for it to get a bit tacky put down smooth out spray and lift off the stencil
if mattmont looked hard enough he'd probably see some of my stencils around he's hometown still 10 years later ... especially around the coloundra tavern area :cool:

slapshot

Reaction score
when we were there they had barrels as tables everywhere
did you 'liberate' one for the patio area :hmm:

Latest Threads