Finally got all the kids hung on the wall....

rbraad68

Reaction score
thx man... i think my epi lp collection is about complete.i want to add that 59 lp that has finally avalible problem is im not into the burst finishes i wish they had it in blk :=) but ill prob get the dark burst...

rbraad68

Reaction score

i recently bought LP harness with cts pots and switch. I bought the SYD JB and 59 for my classic LP. I got the JB installed with the stock EPI wire harness but not happy with the JB sounds real muddy. I hope with the new harness and caps i will be able to sort things out. If any of you have used a JB in ur EPI LP id be interested in knowing what caps and such u used..

thx guys.

shupe13

Reaction score
thx man... i think my epi lp collection is about complete.i want to add that 59 lp that has finally avalible problem is im not into the burst finishes i wish they had it in blk :=) but ill prob get the dark burst...
Not even close! There's not a single 2020 Prophecy hanging on that wall!!

musicmaniac

Reaction score

i recently bought LP harness with cts pots and switch. I bought the SYD JB and 59 for my classic LP. I got the JB installed with the stock EPI wire harness but not happy with the JB sounds real muddy. I hope with the new harness and caps i will be able to sort things out. If any of you have used a JB in ur EPI LP id be interested in knowing what caps and such u used..

thx guys.
Never heard of them but will the short shaft fit in your Epi?

WannaLesPaul

Reaction score

thx guys.
Since youre already changing everything out, you may want to consider going "old school" and rewiring that new switch with braided wire. Its pretty easy. You can buy that wire by the foot... 6 feet should do it. Just rip out that shitty plastic Epi wire and plugs and throw it all away :p LOL

epiphone rewired switch.png

Ive never messed with the SD pickups, but with mine ( the infamous 57CH and HOTCH set LOL ) I got rid of the mud, by raising the pole screws until the bottom of the heads were flush with the cover, then lowering the pickups until flush with the ring. After a bit more fine tuning, they actually sound pretty good and clear now.

DeafDumbBlind Kid

Reaction score
Ive never messed with the SD pickups, but with mine ( the infamous 57CH and HOTCH set LOL ) I got rid of the mud, by raising the pole screws until the bottom of the heads were flush with the cover, then lowering the pickups until flush with the ring. After a bit more fine tuning, they actually sound pretty good and clear now.
do you have any pictures of the resulting polepiece position?

WannaLesPaul

Reaction score
Sure... here you go

IMG_20200908_164712 RESIZE.jpg

As you can see, the neck pup is even lower than flush. The pole screws' heights are basically radiused by turning in the outer screws 1-2 turns during fine tuning.

These pickups sounded horrible when I bought this guitar. I read what some pickup expert guy said about muddy pups...... pickups down, screws up LOL So I did both to the extreme to start and worked from there.

DeafDumbBlind Kid

Reaction score
thanks, I'll keep this in mind when I finally get to play my guitars with amps again. hopefully that's not "IF" I ever get to. :laugh2:

rbraad68

Reaction score
Since youre already changing everything out, you may want to consider going "old school" and rewiring that new switch with braided wire. Its pretty easy. You can buy that wire by the foot... 6 feet should do it. Just rip out that shitty plastic Epi wire and plugs and throw it all away :p LOL

View attachment 501921

i got the pots and everything that came with the set up . i havent ripped the old electronics out yet. so im open for sugestions... thx man.

rbraad68

Reaction score
Not even close! There's not a single 2020 Prophecy hanging on that wall!!

i got the 2020 p90 one the 2020 classic qnd the 2020 custom.just need the 59 and the one u mentioned lol and a good divorce laywer!!

Latest Threads