Finally getting my first AR-15

Deus Vult

Reaction score
My problem with AR 15s is this. They canbe easily converted into true machine guns (fully auto). I know a guy who can do it in 15 minutes, and he is not the brightest crayon in the box. I think their day is about over.

Now, I’m not an anti gun guy. I live in CO so hunting rifles, shotguns, and revolver pistols for home protection are cool. But military style weapons that can be converted into machine guns are not.
Lol. Shhhhhhhh

Thundermtn

Reaction score
I did it to mine, now when I pull the trigger the bullets come out so fast it's like a bond style jet pack. I just point the barrel the opposite direction I want to go and the recoil from my giant beltfed-clipazine lets me fly through the air. It's so evil even the bullets are black, and they are programmed by the NRA to seek and destroy avocado toast.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a nice RD on my old ass Colt Ar-15 9mm carbine...

It prints at 100yds... Hella difference with 9mm out of a 16" barrel... with heavier projectiles... 115 ain't worth shit...

At 100, the bottom of the RD is the hold...

Bytor1958

Reaction score
I'd like to get a AR.

I talked to my brother yesterday about shipping my grandfathers service weapon to me. My dad had it and passed away and It is being pasted down to me.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
My problem with AR 15s is this. They canbe easily converted into true machine guns (fully auto). I know a guy who can do it in 15 minutes, and he is not the brightest crayon in the box. I think their day is about over.

Now, I’m not an anti gun guy. I live in CO so hunting rifles, shotguns, and revolver pistols for home protection are cool. But military style weapons that can be converted into machine guns are not.
whenever someone says they are not anto gun BUT.... they are anti gun.

lunchbox

Reaction score

You can convert any semi-auto to full auto. Here's a Glock 18, full auto. OOPS! Watch out that you don't shoot your hand!

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
High primers can really wake you up in the morning...

BACzero

Reaction score
Nice! Just got my second. Went with a Bushmaster. Nothing fancy, just a run-of-the-mill rifle. Did come with a chrome-lined bolt carrier and a red dot sight for $550. I picked up a new hand guard on clearance from a local gun store and added a front grip. Fair warning... guns can be as addictive as guitars. Now that I have a 16" and 18" barrel version, thinking I need a 20" with a bi-pod and a scope... or maybe an ACOG. :thumbs:

Oh, and welcome out of Cali. I was born in southern California, and while I do like to visit now and then, you couldn't pay me to live there. The people have voted away their rights. Most of my guns have labels right on their cases that say "Not Legal in California". Makes me smile every time I see it. ;) Oh heads up... check out the Amend2 30rd magazines. My local shop had a huge bin of them for like $9. I picked up 2 to try, and they actually seem pretty solid. I've seen them online as low as $7, which is ridiculously cheap. Worth checking out even if they're just kicking around as spares.

Scooter2112

Reaction score
It would be much easier to convert gasoline into a bomb. And much more readily available.

The Amend2 mags are a great buy. I have a few and they seem every bit as durable and reliable as the Magpuls.

BACzero

Reaction score
The 2nd if you're right handed is a Magpul B.A.D. lever. They should all come with one in my opinion, great piece of kit.
I've been eyeballing the B.A.D. lever! Seen videos, but haven't actually spoken with anyone who's actually used one. Based on your suggestion, I think I just might make that my next purchase. :thumbs:

Gtarzan81

Reaction score
I've been eyeballing the B.A.D. lever! Seen videos, but haven't actually spoken with anyone who's actually used one. Based on your suggestion, I think I just might make that my next purchase. :thumbs:
I have one. All I will say is that blue/red Loctite is your friend.

BACzero

Reaction score

With all due respect, it doesn't sound like you know that much about firearms, just from the wording in your comment. I don't mean that to be a put-down, I just think it's interesting that people who seem to be against guns (even a particular type of gun), tend to be the people who know the least about them. I'm guessing that turning an AR-15 into a fully automatic rifle isn't quite as easy as you think it is. First, you'd need to drill another hole in your lower receiver (in the right place), for the auto-sear pivot. You'd need a completely new trigger group with an auto-sear and a different hammer, because the hammer is actually different. You'd need a new safety switch, because most AR safety switches don't have the correct lobes to run full auto. You'd need to make sure your bolt carrier group has the auto-sear trip face, which some do, but many don't. Not to mention that even owning a drop-in auto sear is illegal without the proper licensing (see ATF Ruling 81-4). I have no doubt that there are people out there who can mill/make their own and actually get them to work... but saying an AR can be "easily converted" to full auto, simply isn't true. Please don't spread fear propaganda, unless you at least know what you're talking about. I've been a gun guy for a long time, and I'm pretty sure I couldn't convert an AR to full-auto "easily", and even if I did, it would be highly illegal. Since the vast majority of the gun community are law abiding citizens, there is no reason to think that there's a mass-conversion going on. I'd dare say either your friend is full of shit... or he's an extremely rare exception to the rule. Just my two cents, of course.