Finally found a cure for my neck dive, (hint: it's a strap)

drmmrr55

Reaction score
my girlfiend had a neck dive problem.

so i bought a leather strap and put it around her neck and now i just pull her on down with it...

cures the no neck dive issue she had...she sort of digs it as well

oh and all you that hate firebirds for neck dive, thats great, send me a pic and a price you want for it.

all joking aside, never knew SGs had a neck dive issue, ummm maybe its not the guitar? :hmm:

I've come to the same conclusion that all of us are different, some have more issues with neck dive than others. I've often wondered if it was me...my shoulder is different, my shirt.....on and on, a million different reasons why. Some players are just not bothered by it. Others, (like me), it drives us nuts! Anyway, I've found a solution that works for me, no weight redistribution, no relocating buttons, etc, etc. I'll probably end up getting one for all my axes, neck dive or not!

TVvoodoo

Reaction score
I am a strappier, not a registered dealer on this forum, and I don't want to get booted for spam.
some people are real sensitive in that regard. I value my membership here.

Dolebludger

Reaction score
Though I have no guitars with neck dive issues, I have a strap that I think would help cure it. This strap is made of thick, strong leather on the outside. The portion that rests on the shoulder has a thick memory foam padding covered with thinner and softer leather on the strap inside. The memory foam compresses where it contacts the shoulder making a pocket that keeps the strap, and the guitar in place. It is also very comfortable and I bought it got for my 11lb. Solid body 12 string.

Pop1655

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t doubt the padding thing works, but I don’t think it’s necessary. I think it’s all about the material on the back of the strap. The Italia’s have a nice suede feel. Works for me.

drmmrr55

Reaction score
I don’t doubt the padding thing works, but I don’t think it’s necessary. I think it’s all about the material on the back of the strap. The Italia’s have a nice suede feel. Works for me.

Unnecessary? What does that mean....it doesn't look right? Or maybe it's too comfy compared to suede, or not comfy enough? Maybe it's the wrong color... I'm sorry, your reply just seems sort of pessimistic, and just doesn't make much sense to me. If suede works better for you, that's awesome. But I like the unnecessary comfort of the sheepskin. Cheers!

Pop1655

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unnecessary? What does that mean....it doesn't look right? Or maybe it's too comfy compared to suede, or not comfy enough? Maybe it's the wrong color... I'm sorry, your reply just seems sort of pessimistic, and just doesn't make much sense to me. If suede works better for you, that's awesome. But I like the unnecessary comfort of the sheepskin. Cheers!
Geez! I've never been ripped in a guitar strap thread before! :laugh2::laugh2:
Actually, quite optimistic. Just mentioning that there's a variety of options that accomplish the same. Choice is good.

Lampens

Reaction score
I always think quality guitars shouldn't have those problems. Either it's a bad design or not carefully put together. A lighter bodied guitar should have a lighter neck. On expensive guitars like Gibsons and tele's the dudes that put the shit together should put out better matched work imho.

Lampens

Reaction score
Acoustics it's another thing obviously. But I guess that's why a lot of those had the strap tied to the headstock.

drmmrr55

Reaction score
:band:
Geez! I've never been ripped in a guitar strap thread before! :laugh2::laugh2:
Actually, quite optimistic. Just mentioning that there's a variety of options that accomplish the same. Choice is good.

My apologies, I didn't really mean to "rip" you, I agree...choice is good, Just the words you used struck a chord, I don't know why. It's kinda like saying, if you sit on a stool instead, a strap isn't really necessary. Anyway, all is good, and have a great day!:doh:

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
What, are "they" listening?? :hmm: Where else would you talk about solving neck dive than, oh gee I dunno, a thread devoted to solving neck dive...?

I feel bad the thread title says, "Finally" when using a wide strap on SG's was something known a long time ago.

Really,....just had to ask. :laugh2:

MLP Knows All!

lunchbox

Reaction score
Neither of my SG’s have/have had neck dive.

Latest Threads