Finally..........Allman Brothers in a box!!?

Pappy58

Reaction score
I waited about four weeks for mine.. he did respond to my messages via Reverb..that was ~18 months ago at least. I just got a email from Reverb offering me his new pedal, the "Statesboro Bluesman". I'll pass on that for now, I just ordered a Joe Walsh Ancient Alien. I do like the Peacock though I use it a lot!

Last edited:

Duane_the_tub

Reaction score
Looks like he's got two other pedals besides the Peacock: The "Black Hearted Woman" and the "Statesboro Bluesman." All riffing on the same basic tone, no pun intended.

Pappy58

Reaction score
Looks like he's got two other pedals besides the Peacock: The "Black Hearted Woman" and the "Statesboro Bluesman." All riffing on the same basic tone, no pun intended.
Yeah it was the "Statesboro Bluesman" offered in the email. My STM is gone! :run:

scooter500

Reaction score
Yeah it was the "Statesboro Bluesman" offered in the email. My STM is gone! :run:
So sorry to hear this. Once I ordered custom pickups. Think it was over a year before they came. That stunk. Well, hope your JW Alien comes in real soon. I have a pedal arriving today by UPS... the anticipation for gear to arrive is a real thing, like waiting up for kids!

efstop

Gold Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a lot of pedals, but no boutique or custom made ones. I buy from an established dealer online, or pick one out of the display case at L&M.

Custom build means long lead times from what I've seen on the forum.

SoCal Flood

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
For anyone who’s been tempted, looks like there’s one listed for trade over at TGP...

sardinista

Reaction score
I absolutely love the ABB tone circa Fillmore East, so of course this thread caught my attention.

Fwiw, it looks like a part-for-part clone of the Hermida Zendrive (I can tell from the gut shot posted earlier). So, if you can’t find a Peacock and/or don’t want to wait... just get a Zendrive. :)

I’m gonna go build one for myself and see if it does indeed get close to that tone!

drew365

Reaction score
It would be interesting if someone did a comparison of the Peacock and Hermida. I really like the Peacock, but dealing with the builder wasn't an experience I would recommend to anyone.

drri

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was directed to this site from a friend that knows my affection for the Peacock pedal. All he said was you should read that posting from start to end.

Pretty wild how well it starts out then goes sour.... personally don’t have any issues with him or the company. Bought my Peacock 3 1/2 yrs ago through eBay and when I found out about the new ones I contacted him directly this time... Received the Statesboro Blues pedal within a week.

Agree though, sucks to have to go through the waiting game and emails. I would have asked about all this had I known what everyone‘s experience as been.

In any case, I did record a couple videos showing the Statesboro Blues pedal if you want to hear it. It’s intended for the slide crowd but I’m not a slide player at all. Nor do I directly go for the Fillmore tone. So I’m not sure how helpful I’d be, but I’d be glad to answer any questions if it would be helpful. It also show cases the new tone master Deluxe Reverb.

Demo 1

Demo 2

drri

Reaction score
I absolutely love the ABB tone circa Fillmore East, so of course this thread caught my attention.

Fwiw, it looks like a part-for-part clone of the Hermida Zendrive (I can tell from the gut shot posted earlier). So, if you can’t find a Peacock and/or don’t want to wait... just get a Zendrive. :)

I’m gonna go build one for myself and see if it does indeed get close to that tone!
I’ve always been interested in the Zendrive so I’d be real curious if this is the case. Please update what you find.