Finally..........Allman Brothers in a box!!?

bulletproof

aka tarddoggy
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Has anyone received a pedal recently? deadahead22, did you get yours? I'm about to throw in the towel and cancel. It's over 8 weeks now since I ordered.
I haven’t had any contact with the builder in quite awhile now......
Damn shame,too. It’s a fantastic pedal....

Fl Panhandler

Reaction score
I heard from the builder, Mark, today. He informed me that they had box enclosures that came in misaligned. They now have the caps in and new “old” style enclosures. He said they are back to building again. He stated I should have mine in 10 days to 2 weeks. He said all backorders should be cleared by then. Hope so.
I guess we’ll see.
Rick

drew365

Reaction score
Monday will be 12 weeks since I ordered. I was going to give up and cancel my ebay order. I may wait a little longer now, but I don't understand why everyone that has an order in doesn't get updated. A piss poor way to run a business.

Fl Panhandler

Reaction score
I spoke to him a little while. He sent me am email with ta picture of the misaligned boxes as well as the new “old” boxes. If I ca figure out how to post them I will.
Rick

drew365

Reaction score
Anyone get one yet? Apparently I have a package on the way by USPS. Wishin' and hoping here.

drew365

Reaction score
Took 12 1/2 weeks, but I got my pedal today. :dude: Nice and solid looking build. Sounds great and very different from my other two OD pedals, which is a good thing since it give me more options. Anyone want to do a rundown of what the three settings on the toggle switch are supposed to emulate? Also, what the voice knob is intended to do. I've played with it and I'm finding plenty of good tones. My brain would just like to know what those two functions are expected to do. Thanks. When I get a chance, I'll share some A Bros. lead and see what you think.

Fl Panhandler

Reaction score
That’s great. Mark tried to explain the drop off values for the switch positions but it was Greek to me. Something about a little darker without mud

Pappy58

Reaction score
The toggle just seems to be switching in different passive filters. Left mid-cut and right more of a high cut. I don't care for either and leave mine in the center. The "voice" control seems to pretty much function as a "presence".

I think it's a great sounding pedal but the output is super hot. Getting the right blend of Vol and Gain and not overdrive the amp input is hard to do.

drew365

Reaction score
Thanks for that. That gives my brain something to work with while my ears do their own thing. I agree it's a bit of a monster pedal. I had my amp set up for smooth switching between two OD's, clean and crunch amp channels. I had to tweak quite a few settings after bringing the Peacock into it. I'm assuming it's going to be very guitar dependent also. I was using a Tele that is not very hot. My LP Standard is pretty hot, and I will probably be adjusting things when I try that one. I've got a busy weekend. It's going to be a day or two before I can play some more. But at least I'm looking forward to it.

drew365

Reaction score
Ok, I'm glad I waited. My previous favorite OD, the Mad Professor Golden Cello, just lost it's spot on my pedal board. In fact I'm almost embarrassed by how close it wasn't. The Peacock is quite an addiction. I'm keeping the level and gain down around 9 to 9:30, but that's just right for what I do. I played a lot of Allman Bros. tonight thinking about Dickie, and it sounded and felt good.

C-note

Reaction score
How are you all getting on still ? I got one a couple of years ago - and I still use it, when I take out my board, although i’m mostly straight in these days. I did a demo for Mark, the pedal builder, a couple of years back ....... it was a bit rubbish, apols

Last edited:

drew365

Reaction score
I'm still liking mine. I have it on a small pedal board that I take to open mic and jam nights. You can see it sitting in front of a new amp I just got yesterday.

pinkjimiphoton

Reaction score
Probably chose the peacock cause the ABB owns the trademark for the mushroom design.

we bought the rights for the peacock design from the ABB. they won't give up the shroom ;)
it lives up to the hype. i know the guy who builds them pretty well lol

glad you guys dig 'em. wait til ya hear the black hearted woman and the statesboro bluesman. ;)

rock on ;)

SoCal Flood

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Just bought this pedal off a forum brother... DIGGING it so far! Still lots to discover here but man I can’t imagine taking this off my board anytime soon. It’s got some magic in it that’s for sure. Using it with my LP w/WIZZ pickups and my ES335 w/57 Classics through a ‘65 Princeton Reverb reissue.

bridger

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
BEWARE!!!! The guy that "builds" these Is a TOTAL DEADBEAT! He gladly took my $$ , I waited TEN months & he doesn't answer E mails. Never heard from him , almost had to get a lawyer to get my money back . Thank God for PayPal protection. This idiot should be banned.
YOUV"E BEEN WARNED

SoCal Flood

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
BEWARE!!!! The guy that "builds" these Is a TOTAL DEADBEAT! He gladly took my $$ , I waited TEN months & he doesn't answer E mails. Never heard from him , almost had to get a lawyer to get my money back . Thank God for PayPal protection. This idiot should be banned.
YOUV"E BEEN WARNED
Damn that really sucks man. Sorry to hear you had so much trouble. I’m glad I bought the pedal secondhand and didn’t have to deal with any nonsense.

drew365

Reaction score
YOUV"E BEEN WARNED
It took me 12 weeks to get mine. I was very unhappy by the lack of communication. The pedal is still on my board and I think it was worth waiting for, but I would never recommend anyone buy from the builder unless they're willing to take a chance and be frustrated. Piss poor way of doing business. Why bother to advertise something if you really don't want to be bothered with delivering?