Finally..........Allman Brothers in a box!!?

drew365

Reaction score
Starting week four of my wait. Been anxious to try this pedal. When I ordered it on Ebay it said 2 available. So I mistakenly thought they had a couple ready to send out. I assumed wrong, again.

drew365

Reaction score
Into week 5. Waiting on caps. Apparently it's the Russkies fault. Seems appropriate.

drew365

Reaction score
I'm now into week six. I guess I'm glad I'm not alone. They answered my message a couple of weeks ago saying the Russian caps had been held up, but they were finishing some soon. Wishin and hopin here.

Deadahead22

Reaction score
My order date was June 1st , just wondering if anyone on here has received anything. How many people on here have the pedal ?

Pappy58

Reaction score
It took ~4 weeks to get mine. The 4th week I hammered them everyday and threatened to cancel. If they are going to take this long, they should not charge your card until they ship your unit! ...and yes the "In Stock" is a misrepresentation obviously to get you to drop the order and payment. :mad2:

rockinlespaul

Oxblood Addict
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
That's a damn shame. They are ruining it for themselves imho. They have what could be a real winning product yet letting the availability of some very easily attainable caps wreck everything. I was really impressed with this pedal too.

Brewdude

Reaction score
I ordered a while ago, whenever this thread popped up, and my pedal did take a while as well but I did receive it so I have faith you all will get yours as well. I do agree its misleading that they say in stock, or ships in 2 weeks when it definitely won't be.

I also agree a simple PIO cap is a stupid thing to hold up your business, but as with many of these small operations I get the impression that this is not their full time job. Not that it is an excuse in the slightest, but its just the crappy reality of a lot of gear purchases unfortunately, these little Ma and Pa operations are just slower compared with what we'd like.

Other than the longer than expected wait I really do like this pedal, so hopefully you all hang in there!

drew365

Reaction score
I ordered a while ago, whenever this thread popped up, and my pedal did take a while as well but I did receive it so I have faith you all will get yours as well. I do agree its misleading that they say in stock, or ships in 2 weeks when it definitely won't be.

I also agree a simple PIO cap is a stupid thing to hold up your business, but as with many of these small operations I get the impression that this is not their full time job. Not that it is an excuse in the slightest, but its just the crappy reality of a lot of gear purchases unfortunately, these little Ma and Pa operations are just slower compared with what we'd like.

Other than the longer than expected wait I really do like this pedal, so hopefully you all hang in there!
That's helpful experience. I think the reason I'm not panicking is I ordered through ebay, so I'm not too worried about being able to cancel and get a refund. I just feel that if a vendor is going to go this far beyond what they promised, then they would initiate some communication rather than just letting people stew. But that's just the opinion of a guy that's been in business for himself for 38 years.

SlyStrat

Reaction score
I think he works in a guitar shop and does this on the side.
The description should say "6-8 week wait" and not "in stock".
He did reply through Reverb.

drew365

Reaction score
Into week seven for me. I sent a second email and got a reply that he just returned from traveling and my pedal was in line to be finished. No commitment beyond that. So I'm still wishin' and hopin'.

Slapjaw

Reaction score
Nice pedal. I don't know why a major pedal company hasn't jumped on board. Seems like these guys need to bump up their game on customer service. Also I think that I read, that they charge your C.C. before your pedal goes out? I'm going to ride this thing out awhile before I jump on board.

SlyStrat

Reaction score
Some of you should learn anticipation and expectations cause stress.
Stop counting on things. You're setting yourself up for letdowns in life.
I learned the hard way.

moreles

Reaction score
The user reviews are very encouraging and convincing, so I'm going to try to track one down. The Reverb writeup is ridiculous, however, in its amazing overstatements about nailing this or that tone, and the importance of that super Russian PIO cap in yielding incredible character. The value of the cap in the circuit may be well-chosen, and in that case, that's the "secret" of the resulting effect, not the PIO composition. I have really come to detest claims that something sounds like Jimi, or SRV, or anyone, when the truth is that it may in fact be an amazing unit -- as this one could be -- that helps work towards that artist's best known sound, but for crying out loud, all those players, and add Clapton and anyone else you want, did not have a single tone, and no one component yielded it for them or could possibly yield it for you unless, maybe, you're talking about their recorded tone played back through digital processing into earphones. But sure, I'd love to sound like both Duane and Dickey at the same time, especially when I use my affinity tele junker through my Blackstar AT1 with its whopping 8 incher. Good to know a box can make me sound like the Brothers at the Fillmore. But to be fair, when I read "Allmans in a box" I was thinking about the passing of Gregg and Duane.

drew365

Reaction score
Has anyone received a pedal recently? deadahead22, did you get yours? I'm about to throw in the towel and cancel. It's over 8 weeks now since I ordered.