Finally, a pick that won't break your strings

TheX

Still Alive and Well
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
well, you're wrong. What do you know anyways? I'd show you the error of your ways but I have to go pick up my loser band so they can play all my equipment on a gig they have nothing to do with so I don't have time.
Well, that is important so...

guitaroholic

Reaction score
I don't have a problem breaking strings.

if you do it's most likely not the pick.

More silly guitar marketing stuff. Like special rags to wipe your strings.
^^^ This ^^^
Haven't broken a string since the last millennium. At least not playing. I popped a few installing and not paying attention.
In my experience strings break when:
- they're too old and formed plenty of notches from where they rub on frets
- there's a saddle issue, like sharp edges
- can't even think of a third one, it's been so long...

Chango Malo

Reaction score
^^^ This ^^^
Haven't broken a string since the last millennium. At least not playing. I popped a few installing and not paying attention.
In my experience strings break when:
- they're too old and formed plenty of notches from where they rub on frets
- there's a saddle issue, like sharp edges
- can't even think of a third one, it's been so long...
youns should read the thread. And note the day on the calendar.
Just sayin'

Dolebludger

Reaction score
I’m with The X. I,like to use a pick and use the three other fingers to pluck or strum. I prefer picks with rounded attack edges, and pick and strum with them lightly. Haven’t broken a string with a pick in six decades.

But, there seems to be a black hole in my floor. I drop a pick, and it disappears.

PeteK

Reaction score
I stopped using a pick years ago playing acoustic. Picking with my fingers just feels so much more natural. Now when I play electric, it feels weird to me, but then I'm no Knopfler and haven't been able to make my LP sound good with no pick so I do use one when I'm plugged in.

Chango Malo

Reaction score
I stopped using a pick years ago playing acoustic. Picking with my fingers just feels so much more natural. Now when I play electric, it feels weird to me, but then I'm no Knopfler and haven't been able to make my LP sound good with no pick so I do use one when I'm plugged in.
secret squirrel trick: compressor and just a teeny teeny bit of delay.

Chango Malo

Reaction score
When someone's kid walks up and pulls on the string, and the parents don't care.
I've seen that happen. someone's crotch goblin climbs on the edge of the stage and grabbed a vintage J-200. Thank the gods it wasn't mine. "hey lady, your kid can't be grabbing stuff on stage" "oh p-shaw, he won't hurt it" "lady, that's a 12k guitar, get your fucking kid off my fucking stage or I will punt his ass off" "how dare you!"

Dolebludger

Reaction score
secret squirrel trick: compressor and just a teeny teeny bit of delay.
Wonderful advice. I am a sloppy player. Always have been. Can’t shake it. But most slop happens on string attack. So using a compressor with attack turned down and just a bit of delay serves to hide attack slop.

meatball

Reaction score
I don't have a problem breaking strings.

if you do it's most likely not the pick.

More silly guitar marketing stuff. Like special rags to wipe your strings.
Its not the pick breaking the strings if that is your issue ,,, Check the Bridge first to see if you have a sharpe contact point .. It wont be the pick ,, hasn't been in my case ever ,,

Latest Threads