Finally A 2015 Gibson USA Worth Buying!...New Les Paul Special Pro!

GibsonKramer

The Three G's
Reaction score
Not the best pic, but a sneak peak. Ordered Tuesday, delivered today.

Crap! I should have done the 2 day delivery!

And my buddy at GC, is like... "Yeah, it should probably be here Tuesday."

WHAT!?

I keep telling myself I've got 4 Gibsons... shut up and be happy. But, now I want it even more! That's gorgeous! More pics!!! How's it setup, and play? How does it sound? How's the quality compared to other lower-priced Gibsons?

BTW... MF's deal is done. Wish I had known they were going to do the Honeyburst the following day... but, I think if I were at GC and they had them both, I'd still probably walk out with the Cherry.

redcoats1976

Reaction score
missed it today but off tomorrow.if its on i will ask forgiveness later when the missus gets home from work.that should go well,dontcha think?BTW i will ask her after i get back from the beach...

wmachine

Reaction score
Not the best pic, but a sneak peak. Ordered Tuesday, delivered today.

Only had time for a quick once over and play yesterday. I wasn't starry eyed about getting it, and was quite ready to take it back if I didn't like it. But I'm truly impressed with it. The setup right out of the box was quite commendable. I like the feel and the way it plays, and sounds.
Full review and pics later, but one surprise is that it did *not* come with the "Kluson traditional tuning machines" as spec'd and shown, but with Grovers. Not sure if that is bad or good, but certainly not as advertised. They feel like 14:1.

ShoalsRanger

Reaction score
Full review and pics later, but one surprise is that it did *not* come with the "Kluson traditional tuning machines" as spec'd and shown, but with Grovers. Not sure if that is bad or good, but certainly not as advertised. They feel like 14:1.

Grover's? That's interesting. I pick up mine later today so I'm hoping it has Grover's as well.

Guitaraxe

Reaction score
Interesting about the Grover tuners. Are they locking or standard type? Many would consider them a decent "upgrade" as long as they don't cause excessive weight / headstock dive. iirc, Gotoh makes the Gibson Kluson types these days.

What are the dates stamped on these 2016?

GibsonKramer

The Three G's
Reaction score
Further discount! Store credit!

I like Grovers. Please say Tulips though... not Kidney Bean?

tzd

Reaction score
Sorry Kramer, I got mine...

attachment.php

Good luck with your waiting!

Attachments

• lespaulspecial.jpg
    lespaulspecial.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 442

GibsonKramer

The Three G's
Reaction score
Did anyone get two packages? For some reason, my tracking number says there's two packages.

(1) for 16 pnds
(1) for 1 pnd

Guitaraxe

Reaction score
Are these newer ones being shipped with truss rod wrenches?

Guitaraxe

Reaction score
I got one with mine. Truss rod wrench, cloth, small allen wrench, manual, warranty card, info card.

Same here except no cloth and two allen wrenches of different sizes. I am guesstimating that originally these came with tone pro's locking bridge / stop bar on them or ?

Latest Threads