Finally A 2015 Gibson USA Worth Buying!...New Les Paul Special Pro!

redcoats1976

Reaction score
wow,that is a deal.im tempted even though i dont "need" another guitar.14 hours left on the sale...gloss finish and hard case too.

wmachine

Reaction score
wow,that is a deal.im tempted even though i dont "need" another guitar.14 hours left on the sale...gloss finish and hard case too.

Specs say gloss body and satin neck, best of both worlds to me.
The previous versions had the GForce tuners and it came with a gig bag.
This one has the no GForce and a hard case. Two big improvements!
I'm optimistic on this one.
Let's see how it compares to my EPI LP Trad PRO and EPI Custom PRO, both great axes for the money.
(And no, I obviously don't need it either!)

wmachine

Reaction score
I think the fine-line difference is that OP model is a "Les Paul Special PRO" and now it is a "Les Paul Special Pro EX". Since neither are on the Gibson site, it is difficult to tell the model year and get complete specs.

johnnymg

Reaction score
Specs say gloss body and satin neck, best of both worlds to me.
The previous versions had the GForce tuners and it came with a gig bag.
This one has the no GForce and a hard case. Two big improvements!
I'm optimistic on this one.
Let's see how it compares to my EPI LP Trad PRO and EPI Custom PRO, both great axes for the money.
(And no, I obviously don't need it either!)

Here's a short vid on the EX Pro: Sounds like a 2016 model: regular neck width.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKqgGFd_fms[/ame]

TylerE

Reaction score
Well, I'm gonna own a Les Paul again... well technically for the first time - I owned a Heritage H150 for a while....that the previous owner had put EMG 85s into (Eww).

But this is the first 24.75" scale guitar I've owned in close to 10 years or so. I really really dig the specs on these... no body binding, no trap inlays, no pickguard...all the things I don't like on "normal" Les Pauls.

At that price too...

caveman

Reaction score
PSA. I just went to order this from GC and had a chat with a sales rep to verify if it actually ships with a hardshell case. I was told it was a typo and it only comes with a gigbag. bummer. I can post the chat transcript if anyone would like. He said they're trying to fix the typo

pentatonic145

Reaction score
Just bought mine! I can confirm that it's a gig bag and not an HSC. But still - smokin' deal! I would have preferred the honey burst finish, but that one's not on sale...

wmachine

Reaction score
PSA. I just went to order this from GC and had a chat with a sales rep to verify if it actually ships with a hardshell case. I was told it was a typo and it only comes with a gigbag. bummer. I can post the chat transcript if anyone would like. He said they're trying to fix the typo

Pretty funny. Now the ad says "Includes hardshell gig bag". I have a copy of the original ad with the hard case (when I ordered it) and I'll try to hold their feet to the fire about getting a hard case when it comes in. Don't expect anything other than a "whoops, typo" response, but if I don't want to keep it, it's a moot point anyway.
Better not come with a GForce. Only one screw-up allowed!

Guitaraxe

Reaction score
Pretty funny. Now the ad says "Includes hardshell gig bag". I have a copy of the original ad with the hard case (when I ordered it) and I'll try to hold their feet to the fire about getting a hard case when it comes in. Don't expect anything other than a "whoops, typo" response, but if I don't want to keep it, it's a moot point anyway.
Better not come with a GForce. Only one screw-up allowed!

The one I bought from MF last Dec' was advertised as having a hard case but arrived (in a factory sealed Gibson box) with a gigbag. I called MF about it and they apologized then said that Gibson sends MF the advert' / description to put online , Gibson sends the guitars sealed in a box from the factory and MF does not open them.

wmachine

Reaction score
(Sorry, I keep getting partial texts in some posts. Have to preview multiple times before it posts complete).

wmachine

Reaction score
The one I bought from MF last Dec' was advertised as having a hard case but arrived (in a factory sealed Gibson box) with a gigbag. I called MF about it and they apologized then said that Gibson sends MF the advert' / description to put online , Gibson sends the guitars sealed in a box from the factory and MF does not open them.

That's the expected answer. But that is also BS. You didn't get what you paid for and that is not the way it should be handled. They *are* responsible as an authorized Gibson dealer. So who pays the price, then? The poor guy that bought it? Not as if there was a gross unrealistic error, like an LP Custom for that price.
That's no different than Gibson saying "sorry the guy that packed it forgot the case". No accountability, and poor customer service.

Guitaraxe

Reaction score
That's the expected answer. But that is also BS. You didn't get what you paid for and that is not the way it should be handled. They *are* responsible as an authorized Gibson dealer. So who pays the price, then? The poor guy that bought it? Not as if there was a gross unrealistic error, like an LP Custom for that price.
That's no different than Gibson saying "sorry the guy that packed it forgot the case". No accountability, and poor customer service.

Oh MF was cool about it. They knocked an additional 20% off the closeout price for my troubles. I thought I had mentioned that in my original post... my bad..sorry about that!:cheers:

Mood0077

Reaction score
Guitar center brought the deal back today. I bought mine yesterday at musicians friend since they price matched and offer 24 month interest free. Should arrive Thursday.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 57

GibsonKramer

The Three G's
Reaction score
Just snagged one of the last from GC, because they did bring the deal back today. It was gone, by the time I got off the phone. Might be able to track them down, if you call. He found them in a warehouse and said it looked like they still had a decent number.

wmachine

Reaction score
Musician's Friend has the same deal for the Honey Bust today.

Mine (cherry) from GC is "on the truck" for delivery today.

Grand Pappy

Reaction score
I pulled the trigger on the MF Stupid Deal today. Honey Burst w/ Gig bag for 6 beans seems like a good deal.
Currently the only LP type I own is a Korean Tokai.

Guitaraxe

Reaction score
(imo) The honeyburst finish looks pretty good in person. It's a nice Gibson made guitar at around the $800 mark...neck binding, nibs, plek, splitable BBpro's in zebra' etc, with $600 being a pretty sweet deal if your into all hog' wood Gibsons with a dressed down look. The burstbucker Pro's sound good in these and I am guesstimating that because the model doesn't have a maple top that it is shaving off some of the harshness people say the pro's have in maple capped LP's.

wmachine

Reaction score
Not the best pic, but a sneak peak. Ordered Tuesday, delivered today.

Attachments

• 20160316_160404.jpg
    20160316_160404.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 73

Latest Threads