Fezz "Live" Show Review

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
FUZZGOD here in R+R land. Huge show last night. Was I good? Of course. I picked up the Johnny and Mrs. Johnny at 8:00 pm EST. We then hurtled down I95 . The mood was jubuliant. I was serious as I drove. I was ready to create R+R out of the air. MRS. FUZZGOD kept the conversation going. Tales of dysfunction . Tales of hellish drunken dawns. I kept my eyes on the white lines.

We drove over the PA line. Jersey waited in all it's noxious glory. We passed my old Nj haunts. I spend alot of time in Nj. I enjoy the toxic wastelands. I broke my silence. Memories of cutting grass and keg beer. I saw the remnants of the Stage Depot. I worked there when I was 18. It was a motel and restaurant. It was located in Pennington . I saw a ghost of my 18 yr old self cutting grass with a Walkman on. I was listening to Thin Liz (Live +Dangerous). I waved . Young FEZZ waved back:wave:

5 minutes from the bar we stopped at 7-11. We needed coffee. Since my "re-birth" in Sept 2011 I have started drinking Joe. I also like fried onions now? It is always surprising to see what habits come from the "change". In 2007 I morphed. I had an urge to eat soil after that. I had to restrain myself . Eating dirt is for BAD MEN.

We got tallboy coffees. I bought MRS FUZZGOD some More brand cigs. She smokes when I play. She worries I'm going to damage myself. We stand outside the 7-11. John and the women smoke. I think about my death. I'm HEAVY:laugh2:

Vrrrrrrrrrrrooooomm. We arrive at De Cicco's. A small old-man's bar during the week. A R+R club on the weekends. It is owned by an ex-metal band chick. Her picture is on the wall. She played bass. She had starched hair. I walk over to Buddy,the singer+guitarist of LOST CAUSE.

"Buddy."
"You must be FEZZ"
"No, I'm FUZZGOD now, I'm FEZZ onstage"

We hug. I love him. We talked several times on the phone. He has a New Yawk accent. He is 52. He loves the STOOGES+THUNDERS. I introduce him to MRS FUZZGOD and Mr+Mrs Hate. Love flows. I open my arms ...........................................wide. I hug everyone. MRS FUZZ grunts. I'm a "hard" hugger.

I go up to the band area. Buddy runs cables. I show him my ESP RON WOOD TELE. He shows me his Alden Zematis copy:thumb: Ron Wood is being represented. I put my TwinTone Koch 50 watt combo on a small table. I tune the guitar. I feel SEX+VIOLENCE entering me. FEZZ appears....................

We stand in an alcove. It is a small area. Brick walled. Buddy grabs the mic

"Welcome a new band from Philly FEZZIWIG"

I look at the crowd. FEZZ is ready. We burst into ZipGun'61/Link Wray. This is a challenging opener. Hammer-on trills. Herky Jerky. The ESP is screaming. Johnny sounds solid on drums. The first song is over. 31 people clap.

"This is a song about selling your soul to DEVILMAN"

I Bo-Didder into 5 Chords. Very simple A-D-A- D- E. Then I hit the monstrous chorus. G cowboy chord into B.

"With these 5 chords
You
Can write a song
With these 5 chords
You
Can ruuuuuulllllleee the world"

The crowd is transfixed. They can't believe they are seeing FEZZ .

I end 5 Chords and power into Mama was a Trapezoid. My double bends are lethal. I should be rich. I segue into Monkey Man........chunka chunka..

"I'm a flea-bit peanut monkey
All my friends are junkies"

Buddy appears. He grabs the mic. He is REAL. He sings . I KEEF out. I love him .What a team we are . I butcher my lead. I'm a FEZZGOD. My fingers start to bleed. My sharkskin jacket gets caught in my strings. Chunka Thawka. ALL the women are turned on. The "fine" young blonde sucks her lolipop:shock:

Monkey Man shudders to a stop. No rest. Straight into my surf classic instro, Dobson. I play the "Mexican guitar" intro. I clam tons. We pour the fluid on. Dobson takes flight. The crowd is stunned.

I then rest for 11 seconds. I sip water.

"The next song is about LSD. I was "spiked" once. It was very weird. Life is weird"

Everyone laughs. The women grab their men's legs. I'm very sexy onstage:dude:

I power into LSD (Mind Control) all down-picked and Black Flaggy. This song is one of my best. Almost 20 years old and still fresh. I'm talented:applause:
I hit the pup selector switch to 4 way. I sputter into my lead. I get fast. I teach the other guitarists how to "live" the lead. I just spin notes. Lots of pinkie and middle finger. LSD burns out. People leave their stools. I hear the crowd.

"FEZZ is great.................Philly is hardcore..............To bad he is married"

I thank everybody. Johnny takes a bow from behind the drums.

"This is about the great actor, Lon Chaney. The Wolfman"

I close my eyes. I play the mysterious gypsy blues. I rise into the ceiling tiles. I play the descending B scale ...........................................

I stand there. Claps abound. FEZZ exits. I'm now FUZZGOD. Several guitarists stroke me. They know great feel when they hear it.

MRS FUZZGOD gives me a deep kiss. We go outside. I smoke a victory cigar. We go back in and watch a young punk band. Buddy gives me $20. I'm a pro. I give Johnny $10.

LOST CAUSE take the stage. Great band. Buddy is a demon. He is 52. He destroys on his Zematis copy. The lead guitarist,John, rips up on his 2008 Sg.
They play Chinese Rocks...........................

We sit in a diner in Philly. I eat a pizzaburger . I wash it down with a chocolate milkshake. Johnny has French onion soup and a MeX burger. Mrs Johnny has a cheesesteak. Mrs FUZZGOD has cheese fries and a vanilla milkshake. It is 300am EST . Rock is not dead.

FUZZGOD ascends.

Skit

Witch Doctor
Reaction score
Sounds like you had a great time Fezz. But, where's the video man, where's the video? :cool:

Kezman

Reaction score
When some people tell a story, I can visualize it, like watching a movie or something, it's weird. :hmm:

Like this part "I saw a ghost of my 18 yr old self cutting grass with a Walkman on. I was listening to Thin Liz (Live +Dangerous). I waved . Young FEZZ waved back"

I saw it man!

Thx Fuzzgod :applause:

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
Sounds like you had a great time Fezz. But, where's the video man, where's the video? :cool:

Tomorrow. MRS FUZZGOD did good:thumb:My "greatness" is captured for 30 minutes. I want to gig right now. Dec 29 is too long. I want the Black Keys in a battle right now. Dan who:laugh2:

stock_hippie

Banned
Reaction score
congratz!! TIM..i know you must been GREAT!!!
love and 5 'kisses"!
STOCK_HIPPIE
XOXOXOXOXOXO
XOXOXOOXOXO
XOXOOXOXOXOX
XOXOXOXOXOOX

VictorB

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Sorry I missed it Fezz!

Roberteaux

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Fantastic!

I was really hoping you'd have a great time... and it sounds like you did!

--R :thumb:

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
Fantastic!

I was really hoping you'd have a great time... and it sounds like you did!

--R :thumb:

R , it was fantastic. Fezz mach #4 first real gig. We played a picnic three weeks ago,that doesn't count, I was playing for friends. I need new cult members. Wait till you see the vid. My charisma translates in every medium. Now that you are retired start a surf band. I call myself surf now:thumb: People go easy on surf bands. Angry PUNK Rawk is not fun to live. When I was celibate it worked,not now. MRS FUZZ makes me put out. :laugh2:

lespaul01

Banned
Reaction score
Celebrate with wiked gil.. RnR

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmlsFScrsuI]Band Of Horses - Wicked Gil - YouTube[/ame]

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
Thanks Lp. I want to play out right now. I got rid of all my hate onstage. I can't wait till Dec, for my next gig. I'm going to do an open mic soon. Why deprive the world? Last night I was a hack ,I made 27 mistakes. Do I care? No, I embodied R+R. R+R is messy. I was the best guitarist in NJ last night. There is nothing like supreme confidence. NO fear.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYye59dstRY]Decline of Western Civilization: FEAR - YouTube[/ame]

Roberteaux

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Wait till you see the vid.

I'm really looking forward to it, Fezzi-wan!

Now that you are retired start a surf band. I call myself surf now:thumb: People go easy on surf bands.

I don't figure myself anywhere near to forming a band... but the idea sounds like it would fly, anyway... :applause:

Question, though: can surf band members have really long hair? I ask because I decided that I'm not cutting mine any more... :hmm:

If I have to look like Frankie Avalon, all bets are off! :D

Angry PUNK Rawk is not fun to live.

The way I figure it, angry ANYTHING is no way to live... too much wear and tear, and in the end it's all forgotten unless somebody gets shot or something...

When I was celibate it worked,not now. MRS FUZZ makes me put out. :laugh2:

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

You poor guy! Oh, the sacrifices you've made!

--R :laugh2:

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
Surf is just silly R+R. You can make mistake after mistake and be loved. Long hair is great for any guitarist. No rules now, grandmoms have neck tats. One more year of practice= Rob's Rough Wave Riders=Thinking man's surf. The stage calls.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDSKOqxTrq8]Guitar Center Sessions: Dick Dale - Esperanza - YouTube[/ame]

lespaul01

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks Lp. I want to play out right now. I got rid of all my hate onstage. I can't wait till Dec, for my next gig. I'm going to do an open mic soon. Why deprive the world? Last night I was a hack ,I made 27 mistakes. Do I care? No, I embodied R+R. R+R is messy. I was the best guitarist in NJ last night. There is nothing like supreme confidence. NO fear.
Decline of Western Civilization: FEAR - YouTube

Hell yeah bro. I may come to that gig.. Ill check for warrants before hand. :laugh2:

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
Warrants Smarrants. I will MINDCONTROL the cops. I'm growing stronger by the minute. FUZZGOD is lethal.

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
I must roll. Very long 14 hour day on no sleep. I'm going to listen to Exile on the way home. CHEERS!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lNP-x94-SE]Rolling Stones - Rocks Off (1972) - YouTube[/ame]

Latest Threads