Fender Tonemaster Super Reverb with Rat demo

rich85

Reaction score
I honestly couldn’t believe how good this sounded.

I decided to take a Rat pedal with me and give the Tonemaster series a try before they are on back order like everything else.

I have been considering getting a modelling amp of some sort lately to mess around with making demos and for any recordings I want to do.

This amp really is the perfect mix of an old school plug in and play amp with modern XLR out features and power scaling. I was going to get one for the Duo I was playing in but my singer got sick which totally sucks as his lungs are damaged now. Not covid related.

Anyway, the Twin and Deluxe amps sounded a bit “stiff” so to speak, the Blonde versions are out of stock so I couldn’t compare. But they definitely felt like the speakers needed to be pushing some air to get the tones.

The Super Reverb was the easy winner. The Alnico speakers just sounded amazing at any volume and had a natural sag to them. I absolutely love Fender amps with midrange and this with a Rat pedal was just a thick tone that didn’t sound like any amp specifically, which I enjoy.

Anyway here is a quick demo. It is definitely the next amp I am buying. I really don’t care about the tube shortage, the 59 Bassman is my “dream amp” but the weight and volume of it isn’t really what I want to deal with. I am keen to record some better quality demos, but not become a YouTuber, just fun, so an amp like this makes sense.

JMP

Reaction score
Great playing and congratulations on the new Fender amp.

cybermgk

“Happiness is the most insidious prison of all"
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I already knew how great the Tonemaster's sounded. Heck I've been digital for awhile (Axe FX, HX Stomp, Katana, Spark).

But, I had forgotten how good a simple Rat pedal can be. Thanks for that :thumb:

Congrats on the new Amp.

mdubya

Reaction score
If my AX8 didn't already have all of those amps and sound incredible, I would be sold on these, 100%.

Your tone makes me want to get one and put a fuzzface into a Zvex Distortron into the Super Reverb TM and go nuts.

I say it all the time; modeling is not exactly like a real amp, but the tones you can get and at the low volumes you can get them, it is just incredible.

redking

Reaction score
I'm not hearing what you guys are hearing, sorry.

cybermgk

“Happiness is the most insidious prison of all"
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'm not hearing what you guys are hearing, sorry.
Nor self control enough to not piss all over someone's new lay away purchase, or hear thru the crappy phone recording either apparently.

redking

Reaction score
Nor self control enough to not piss all over someone's new lay away purchase, or hear thru the crappy phone recording either apparently.
I've always found genuine opinions to be more helpful to me than otherwise. Just because I don't like something doesn't mean it isn't good. We're all big boys around here and we can survive a little candor.

rich85

Reaction score
All good guys, I am happy with all opinions.

They are just phone recordings so for some people it’s exactly in the ballpark of what they like and others it’s a bit meh/need better recordings/not quite their thing.

Latest Threads