Fender Super Sonic 22 combo.. thoughts ?

flamesarewicked

Reaction score
Saw a good deal on one locally in like a seafoam green tolex. Probably a vendor promotional color..

What’s everyone’s thoughts on them? Not many videos on YouTube are without a fender guitar plugged in..test drives with a LP or SG are few and far between

ARandall

Reaction score
Well, they are sort of like a Deluxe Reverb on the clean channel.
The dirty channel I can't really comment on, save for the fact all the demos I've heard sound nice and polished......sort of like a modern Jeff Beck type tone. I think there are 2 drive levels available too.

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
Ya, I've heard complaints that there's not enough clean headroom.

Of course, a Twin Reverb will fix that problem PDQ ;)

Gridlock

Reaction score
I owned one and liked it, May buy another someday.

matthew bear

Reaction score
I messed with one a few years back, clean channel and a hollow body gretch. I was at a music store and got lost in the sound for a really long time... never tried the dirty side :hmm:

flamesarewicked

Reaction score
I sadly missed out on this one.. it sold quickly.. in just a couple of days

CCK

Reaction score
I like mine quite a lot. For me, the clean headroom is more than adequate. Plenty of gain too,I read that it's the highest gain amp Fender has made. I bought the SS22 because my Orange Tiny Terror had almost no clean headroom. I use absolutely no pedals, so I needed something that could do cleans, but didn't need a pedal to drive the front end. The Super Sonic does that quite nicely. It doesn't quite get that "pissed off chainsaw" Orange amp sound (what else does?) but it gets very, very, close. I really can't imagine a style of music it isn't suited for.

rich85

Reaction score
I quite like them but it sold anyway that sucks

I have always found Fender amps not quite to my liking. But the Pro Junior in Tweed with Alnico speaker is now my favourite amp ever. I use a Boss Waza Blues Driver set on custom mode for gain at low volumes (and high volumes with the gain knob lower) If you are a Billy Gibbons fan, since we both have him in our avatars like me, that set up should be very much to your liking.