Fender Stratocaster Itch

shtdaprdtr

Reaction score
I got a sienna sunburst strat, didnt want the color really...wanted something more traditional. but I had to buy it as the neck had the most amazing tiger stripe flame on it which I never saw on a production fender before (ill try to take pics). Im a Les Paul guy so strats are weird to me....the american standard though (with maple FB) is and excellent feeling guitar...I only have 2 major issues with it...tuning. The nut is horrible, but im afraid to put a rollernut on it as it might make it a bit too metallic sounding. The other issue is the pickups...theyre a bit bland and not very flutey and strat-like. As far as the wood and workmanship beautiful guitar...but I feel they need some changes after bought....then again I feel my R9's need changing of some parts too.

fatbird

Reaction score
I tried out 6 USA standards today. 1 was just WAY WAY nicer than the others. It was in white, I'm not keen on white, wanted a sunburst, but It was the nicest strat, if not the nicest guitar I've ever heard. The guy would not match the web price and was out by about £100 ($160 probably). I overheard him telling his pal it was "nicer than your bla bla bla...amazing"

Dude if you found a guitar you thought was the nicest you've ever heard make the white one happen throw on a mint green pickguard and have at it. The white looks great with mint green.

jimmypage24

Reaction score
The Highway one has a nitro finish and is also USA made. Its cheaper than american standards so you could still do some mods if necessary.

LiveOak

Reaction score
Stratocasters are great guitars, that why I have one and many on this forum do as well. Try a bunch of different ones out if you can, different PU combination's, rosewood vs. mahogany fingerboards, etc. One will speak to you in that "Stratty" kind of way, you will see :)

Mark H

Reaction score
I say go mexican and do some mods
Thats what Id say too.
I mean come on why a nitro finish? More than 1/2 the front and back are plastic. The Mex ones are the same "stuff", it just costs Fender less to put 'em togeather. Unlike a Gibson that has glue, a Mex Fender can be re-setup to be just as good as an USA one for 1/2 the $$.
Get a wammy bar Strat if nothing else.

Latest Threads