Fender Pro Junior thoughts

rich85

Reaction score
I plugged the newish tweed version with Jensen Alnico speaker in yesterday, first Fender amp I have ever liked. The tone was just amazing and it was so touch sensitive it was like playing through a high gain amp

Obviously want to buy one when I can afford it. Anybody else own one and is there any problems with the amp or should I look at any other models before I buy

LeslieFan

Reaction score
Subbed

I've been considering one myself. I have seen videos of Jeff Beck using them.

Looking forward to others thoughts.

rich85

Reaction score
And of course I was going to go back tomorrow to give it another try and it already sold. Damn not having money!

GearHo

Reaction score
I have been a fan since the nineties. I run two pro jr.s through my a/b box, the sound is huge, its portable, and tone wise they are some of the best reissues fender ever.

sonar

Reaction score
I never got along with any of the Blues Junior iterations. Always thought the Pro Jr. was the better sounding of the two amps.

chef

Reaction score
Big pro Jr. fan have one that I modified with a speaker swap to a Jensen p10q and wiring to use it as a head through a bigger cab or use the p10q as an extension cab. (thread here; https://www.mylespaul.com/threads/new-pro-jr-mod-day.390038/ )

Other than the pro jr favorite setup being the ac30 into it. Like the PJ through a vintage 30 also but much louder than P10.

Re: p10 chose the q over the r version to clean up the amp a bit (higher wattage rated speaker).

Fun amps

sputnik

Reaction score
I had one. It was one of the best amps I’d ever played. I sold it to buy a Princeton Reverb Reissue. The Princeton sounds even better than the Pro Jr.

Wailing

Reaction score
I had an early 90s Tweed Pro Junior... fantastic amp... if I hadn’t lucked out and bought a 5e3 clone I would definitely have kept it as my main amp.. my one had an alnico blue speaker.. great chime and breakup.. buy one and enjoy

Latest Threads