Fender Mustang Micro-Direct To PA?

SWeAT hOg

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
Good day to all!

I scored this neat little tool/toy at Christmas. Most useful gadget ever!!

Just curious, but I play sometimes with a Celtic band. They are mostly acoustic, but enjoy when I bring an axe to broaden the sound. It would be nice to show up with a guitar and this unit packed in the case compartment.

I don't plan to be near a live PA anytime soon to experiment, but anyone think this would work?

efstop

Small amps ^^ are fun
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure. Just need a cable from headphone jack to Line In (with the appropriate adaptor.) Use the board/amp volume first, keeping the Micro volume low.

You can experiment with any device with a Line In.

efstop

Small amps ^^ are fun
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
To add: There is a studio preamp on the Micro, with no gain or effects. It's the last amp (Cyan) to the right. It's for patching to an amp or console. And of course, the Micro takes pedals like a champ.

SWeAT hOg

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, Doug!...I hope yer good...and warm. Fuckin cold as a witches teat down here.

I have patched the FMM into my MacBook and played around in GarageBand with it. Very nice quiet playing, no latency at all. So, I know this works, I'm more curious about the effect through PA speakers and potential feedback problems.

If it sounds as good as it does through my cheap cans, I'm psyched. I won't ever be using this for any high gain applications, mostly to just enhance some twang.

Last edited:

efstop

Small amps ^^ are fun
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
@SWeAT hOg
Not Kev, Doug :)
I never play loud enough for feedback to be an issue LOL Did you patch via headphone jack or USB? I forgot that's an option. Latency would only be an issue with USB and buffer settings, I think.

It's a sunny -14C in Kingston.

SWeAT hOg

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
@SWeAT hOg
Not Kev, Doug :)
I never play loud enough for feedback to be an issue LOL Did you patch via headphone jack or USB? I forgot that's an option. Latency would only be an issue with USB and buffer settings, I think.

It's a sunny -14C in Kingston.
Ouch! I got dumb winter brain fog going on here...sorry, bro.:confused:

I've only patched into my MacBook via the USB connection. It works brilliantly with no apparent latency.

KStopper65

Reaction score
Will work. I have used line out from a much older Boss ME-70 and made it sound good.

wildhawk1

Reaction score
The headphone jack is a 1/8" stereo.

You're going to need a 1/8" to 1/4" adapter.

You mentioned Celtic band so I'm not sure why you're wanting to color the natural acoustic sound. :hmm:

SWeAT hOg

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
The headphone jack is a 1/8" stereo.

You're going to need a 1/8" to 1/4" adapter.

You mentioned Celtic band so I'm not sure why you're wanting to color the natural acoustic sound. :hmm:
Yes, I have a few of those adapters kicking around (from headphone purchases for my sons and at work). As for the Celtic band, I'm not playing fuzz over them, just adding a bit of a different flavour to the other acoustic players. I definitely enhance more than I ever lead.

Latest Threads