Fender Mustang LT50 Speaker Wattage Rating is a secret

GySgtFTL

Reaction score
I was considering buying one of these amps for my daughter who plays in our church youth worship band. She has been playing straight into the PA system and needs more options. Anyway, I was curious about the speaker wattage so I researched the web and couldn't find any info. I decided to reach out to Fender thinking I would get it from the horse's mouth (so to speak). I could not believe the answer I got. Read it for yourself...

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out.

Good question, and I ran this one by the amp techs, but unfortunately this information is considered proprietary and the R&D team will not give it to us. I'm sorry I can't provide more assistance.

Regards,

Jason Garbinski
Gear Advisor
Fender Musical Instruments Corp.
17600 N. Perimeter Drive, Suite 100 Scottsdale, AZ 85255
Telephone: 480-845-5137
Fax: 480-367-5262

Now I currently own three Fender tube amps, two strats and a tele and have bought several Strats and Teles over the years with no issues. But now Fender is telling me that the rated wattage of a $200 solid state amp speaker is a national secret and the potential buyer has no right to know the speaker wattage rating.
Am I looking at this wrong or is this very bazaar?

efstop

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
All I found is that it could be similar to an Eminence 1258, rated at 75W RMS (Eminence) or 50W (Fender)

strayedstrater

Reaction score
fen-2311200000-2.jpg

This pic isn't quite as clear as the "zoom in" option on the website where I found it (I couldn't figure out how to copy the zoomed in image).

But the label says "Fender Special Design 50 watts 8 ohms".

The speaker doesn't quite look like an Eminence. Marshall uses no-name Asian speakers in their Viet Nam made amps, so it's entirely possible/likely that the made in China LT50 has a locally made speaker. (Would make more sense than shipping Eminences to China to be installed in the amps then shipping the Eminences back here inside the amps.)
-------------------------
Company tech reps read from a book of scripts that covers commonly asked questions. If the book doesn't have an answer, they make something up and hope you'll go away.

GySgtFTL

Reaction score
Sounds good. Thanks. The reason I was interested was that I thought I might want to replace it.

ARandall

Reaction score
There is no reason that they have to tell you anything really.

They could goop the board, put no info out at all about its capacity or dimensions if they chose - like with the original Klon Centaur. The rise of the internet age has given the consumer the very mistaken notion they they have the right to know every detail about a product.

At the minimum, you need to have a replacement that will handle the power that the amp puts out. All other considerations are tonal and are yours to decide.

rich85

Reaction score
Its a generic response as stated above.

I actually owned and gigged the LT50 and liked it so much I picked up the GTX50 version. It does overdriven tones much nicer and has the XLR output. So many options and features for the price. Great amps.

Latest Threads