Fender Layoffs

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dylan is the only one with "news" as Fender doesn't comment on staffing. They only make releases when they come into new corporate money.
Couple of weeks ago, a woman posted on my local community FB group that she had been laid off from Fender and was looking for work.
I live less than 10 miles from the Corona facility... so there is at least some truth to it.
Whether it's 3, 30, or 300... at least one person was laid off, and mentioned it on FB at least a week before Dylan shot that video.

rogue3

Reaction score
Define "job".
Absolutely. However your (USA) feds define gross statistics.The same way Canadian Federals reported the Canadian market lost 30,600 jobs in July, the second month in a row of job loses. doesn't define job...but definitely illustrates a trend. For us, no matter how you cut it, not a good one.
Reading a little further up north of the 49th, the big loss was in the service sector( 53,000). Goods producing sector added 23,000.fwiw. still overall job loss.trend up here.
(source: statistics canada)

Last edited:

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely. However your (USA) feds define gross statistics.The same way Canadian Federals reported the Canadian market lost 30,600 jobs in July, the second month in a row of job loses. doesn't define job...but definitely illustrates a trend. For us, no matter how you cut it, not a good one.
Reading a little further up north of the 49th, the big loss was in the service sector( 53,00). Goods producing sector added 23,000.fwiw. still overall job loss.trend up here.
(source: statistics canada)
One of our biggest problems with "unemployment" statistics is it does not truly represent the unemployed, as it ignores those who have been unemployed for some amount of time and/or have simply given up the job search.
This is a big problem for people who have reached middle age and may have difficulty finding employment comparable to their training and income.
It also does not represent the underemployed... those who have been forced into part time jobs, or jobs that pay significantly below what they are accustomed to make.
If I were laid off, at 60, I'd be truly and royally screwed. Even in my industry, everyone would look at me and know that I'm only going to be around for another 5, maybe 10 years (I'll likely stay at my present job for another 10)

Central Scrutinizer

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
053A615F-2601-4B7F-9FC9-B731CBE343AD.jpeg

“Ya know, the thing”!

Vinsanitizer

Kitteh!!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of our biggest problems with "unemployment" statistics is it does not truly represent the unemployed, as it ignores those who have been unemployed for some amount of time and/or have simply given up the job search.
This is a big problem for people who have reached middle age and may have difficulty finding employment comparable to their training and income.
It also does not represent the underemployed... those who have been forced into part time jobs, or jobs that pay significantly below what they are accustomed to make.
If I were laid off, at 60, I'd be truly and royally screwed. Even in my industry, everyone would look at me and know that I'm only going to be around for another 5, maybe 10 years (I'll likely stay at my present job for another 10)
I hear ya, I hear ya bro.

For my own sake, I tend to shortcut all the "evidence & statistics" analyzation, and just take a look around in the real world (i.e.; not the Internet). I symbolically stick a wet finger in the air to test the winds of change, and go: "If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck and everything else to the contrary is a lie".

In other idiomspeak, "It doesn't take a rocket scientist to... [insert sober-minded sensible term here]".

Last edited:

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna have bad dreams about going back to work. Nawt. Not gonna do it...

Yea... NFW. That ship has sailed for me, too. Fuck that shit.

If anyone thinks that the guberment is going to cut off SS and Medicare, they are not in their right mind. What they are going to do, if they do anything other than keep kicking the can down the road until I'm long dead is, reduce benefits for NEWLY retired people, sometime in the 2030's.

And, even that is a long shot, best case.

dc007

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm 66 and in my area if I'm not after big money there are places I could work. Gettin folks to work around here is still like pulling teeth.

Vinsanitizer

Kitteh!!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm 66 and in my area if I'm not after big money there are places I could work. Gettin folks to work around here is still like pulling teeth.
Do you know the reason(s) why they don't want to work? What do they do all day?

Vinsanitizer

Kitteh!!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea... NFW. That ship has sailed for me, too. Fuck that shit.

If anyone thinks that the guberment is going to cut off SS and Medicare, they are not in their right mind. What they are going to do, if they do anything other than keep kicking the can down the road until I'm long dead is, reduce benefits for NEWLY retired people, sometime in the 2030's.

And, even that is a long shot, best case.
Easy to say, and I do hope you're right, Steve. But the way things are looking (from my dirty window anyway), there is a deliberate design coming to the surface whereby, one way or another, they're going to get your money and your freedoms; they're going to empty your bank accounts, tax the hell out of your pensions, and require you to be so dependent on the 'gubbermint' that you have very little freedom left to live out the rest of your life as you please. And if you aren't "politically aligned" you may suffer penalties. Heck, we're already hearing increasing speculation that they ("they" LOL! I hate that word anymore), really don't want to give a crap about the elderly, they just want to wipe 'em out once their usefulness is gone. That's rather barbaric, I think.

Seems we've come so far from working the farms and homesteads, developing unified communities and caring for our own elderly at home until they pass away, that for all this "modernization" of society, and for all its complexities and desensitization, we really aren't any better off than we were in "the old days".

I dunno. Who can know the future... isn't that what we all really want?

Last edited:

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Easy to say, and I do hope you're right, Steve. But the way things are looking (from my dirty window anyway), there is a deliberate design coming to the surface whereby, one way or another, they're going to get your money and your freedoms; they're going to empty your bank accounts, tax the hell out of your pensions, and require you to be so dependent on the 'gubbermint' that you have very little freedom left to live out the rest of your life as you please. And if you aren't "politically aligned" you may suffer penalties. Heck, we're already hearing increasing speculation that they ("they" LOL! I hate that word anymore), really don't want to give a crap about the elderly, they just want to wipe 'em out once their usefulness is gone. That's rather barbaric, I think.

Seems we've come so far from working the farms and homesteads, and unified communities, and caring for our own elderly at home until they pass away, that for all this "modernization" of society, and for all its complexities and desensitization, we really aren't any better off than we were in "the old days".

I dunno. Who can know the future... isn't that what we all really want?

Conspiracy theories will drive you mad. :laugh2:

images.jpeg

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I wish i couldn't even spell math, logic, statistics, physics, cause/effect, etc., just another fucking imbecile, and operating on pure instinct like many in the populace....

I'm almost complete with that transformation. I really am working hard to not GAFF about any of this shit, just flying by the seat of my pants, taking life a day at a time.

The last 7 years really took a toll on me, until I realized that I have zero need to care.

So, in the immortal words of Freddy Mercury, "Nothing really matters. Anyone can see. Nothing really matters. Nothing really matters.... to me."

rogue3

Reaction score
Completely agree. Gross overviews seldom look at the details affecting individuals, which are of utmost importance. They must be heard.Even in Canada, Federal decisions can hurt some provinces disproportionately (Alberta!).

All stories of difficulty in what is going to be a very strange time ahead must come forward, so an attempt at balanced policies can be formed. I suggest the internet can be our friend here, allowing more truths to come forward.Of course the opposite is true, so someone is going to have to wade through this to find it. But when someone gets left out, they need to be heard.

It will always be a trade off , somewhere. Consensus.

The alternative is no consensus, among competing jurisdictions( as our American friends well know.)

Still, i have to believe with consensus we are stronger...but there has to be a mechanism in place to address when consensus has gone wrong, and policies will have to be re-worked to better benefit..everyone.

coffee and no work, has got me , sorry for the length, and the idealism(in my nature @ 66yrs!).

ps: if job losses continue to mount in Canada, we need look no further than the residing party in power...here's hoping it is just a blip on the long term outlook.

Last edited:

Latest Threads