Fender Layoffs

LocoTex

Reaction score
We understand that you have people in the economy. Because the economy is people. And when you have an economy of people you have people in the economy. Doing what economies do, creating people, for the economy, to be part of the economy of people.
Wow! That sounds so familiar. Now who was it that I heard speak like that....who was it......?

Peter M

Reaction score
I can barely get myself to fork out $2,000-$4,000 for a Les Paul, much less so for a bolted-together replica of a Fender guitar that I used to be able to buy for $200 when I was a teen.

Vintage my ass.

At the height of my Strat craze in '99 I bought a nice original '64 for $5800...and sold it in 2007 for $17,500. But yeah, every top tier USA / CS Strat I've ever owned, I never felt good about the amount I spent for 'em... almost embarrassed at times.

Last edited:

redcoats1976

Reaction score
I love how people going back to work after layoffs and handouts is, "adding jobs to the economy"

Those jobs were already there. People just weren't doing them.
i wonder if they are counting me going back to the old job one day a week(im retired) as "adding job?"im ok with working with all my old buddies one 10-12 hour day,and it almost makes up for inflation.

Vinsanitizer

Kitteh!!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The US. economy generated half million jobs in July...Fender is swimming against the trend? Perhaps the reality they've all been talking about, luxury items( for the average middle class household) are off the budget, as everyone struggles with rising prices on food,gas, housing.
Define "job".

Vinsanitizer

Kitteh!!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

The job market got even better, in a surprisingly positive sign for the economy

Employers added 528,000 jobs in July according to the Labor Department — a significant acceleration from the previous month.

Job gains for May and June were also revised upwards by a total of 28,000 jobs, while the unemployment rate fell to 3.5%, matching its lowest level in decades.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, figures lie and liars figure. The actual job participation rate is still down.

ALSO...

The middle class are about to start getting their @sses taxed clean off the back of their carcasses, and the elderly are going to be robbed of their SS and Medicare/Medicaid benefits... which will eat up their retirements like there's no tomato tomorrow.

ALSO...
If we keep throwing new printed money at every problem instead of actually FIXING the problems, the USA just might become the USCC (United States of Communist China) by the middle of next year. (...I really doubt it, but it's fun to say out loud because it makes me sound like I kinda know what I'm talking about and stuff. :naughty:)

Last edited:

Vinsanitizer

Kitteh!!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
We understand that you have people in the economy. Because the economy is people. And when you have an economy of people you have people in the economy. Doing what economies do, creating people, for the economy, to be part of the economy of people.
Kinda reminds you of this a little, ain't it? ...

"We were all doing a tour of the library here and talking about the significance of the passage of time, right? The significance of the passage of time, so when you think about it there is great significance to passage of time..."

:applause:

Last edited:

redcoats1976

Reaction score
ALSO...

The middle class are about to start getting their @sses taxed clean off the back of their carcasses, and the elderly are going to be robbed of their SS and Medicare/Medicaid benefits... which will eat up their retirements like there's no tomato tomorrow.

ALSO...
If we keep throwing new printed money at every problem instead of actually FIXING the problems, the USA just might become the USCC (United States of Communist China) by the middle of next year. (...I really doubt it, but it's fun to say out loud because it makes me look like I kinda know what I'm talking about and stuff. :naughty:)
ummm...yeah.picture all those young hippie 60s protesters,give em arthritis,cancer and general crankiness at 65+ and try to steal their retirements.i predict a march on washington that would make jan.6th looks like a sunday school picnic...if ive gotten too close to politics here then mods please delete.

KSG_Standard

Reaction score
Go to Indeed.com and look at what they’re paying at the IRS!!!!1!! They’re still using 80s technology and their systems are antique junk. They’d have been better off upgrading their systems instead of hiring more gov’t employees. The federal government already has more high paid, useless, dumbasses than any private employer in the US.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mazactly like that....just different. Rest assured though, in our estimation, we will. That's what separates us but as in unity which should be evident as well as being successful as such.

Latest Threads