Fender Jimmy Page Dragon and Mirror Telecaster are out!

joff

Reaction score
They should have made the Dragon Tele in the USA too or made them both in Mexico imo...and the Mirror Tele comes with the mirrors not fitted, so that you can stick them on if you want to?

The Custom Shop 'Signed' Teles look like they are being sold in pairs...i spoke to three UK dealers who are getting one pair in each and they have all sold them already for around £46,500 for the pair! :wow:

jimh

Reaction score
Jimmy Page says, "The guitar is more important than I am"...I think that quote sums up where Jimmy has been since the 90's. My dad had LZ 8 tracks back in the 70's, and I remember the day my dad brought home a VHS copy of TSRTS. When I saw that Les Paul and saw him play, I wanted one, and I wanted to play guitar. I was around 14. It took me nearly 30 years to get a real Les Paul and, although I noodle everyday, I am mediocre at best, but every once in a while I'll get a groove going that sounds right and it is fun. I was fortunate to have a job that allowed me to acquire a few Les Pauls...I play two of them regularly. I had no idea about the Dragon Tele until Youtube brought out all these great archive LZ videos. I think in the spirit of Jimmy and what that guitar represents to him, and as an influence on me as a kid, I'll trade in a Les Paul for this bit of history. It is fun to read through the opinions...in the end, everyone's passion is or was fueled by something. It isn't so much how ugly it is, or the neck radius...it represents a shift in music history that Jimmy defined with this instrument. I have no aspirations to play like him or gig with it, just inspiration...but rest assured it will be in my living room and plugged in to an amp whenever the mood strikes. I think Jimmy's true sentimental nature is his ultimate weakness.

somebodyelseuk

Reaction score
I cannot think of any scenario where if I had £25k to blow, I'd buy one of these over a '54 Tele.

Frogfur

Reaction score
I already posted this in the Fender forum awhile back.

zombiwoof

Reaction score
My understanding is that these are limited production models, they will have production models later that have more reasonable prices.
Al

bulletproof

aka tarddoggy
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I have a graphics connection that has confirmed to me that I can get the dragon graphic.

Then I can put it on a Tele build for someone who wants a dragon tele, for one helluva lot less.
:dude:

Guitaraxe

Reaction score
A couple of Page sig' Tele's are cool in my book.... Glad Fender is putting them out.

rialcnis

Reaction score
I will have my Dragon Telescaster around the 19th of August. It commemorates the Yardbirds and Earlier Zeppelin. In 2006 a Jeff Beck relic Esquire telecaster production copy, was released and today, just try to find one that's less than $20,000

For me I just love the sound.

Last edited:

Gtarzan81

Reaction score
I will have my Dragon Telescaster around the 19th of August. It commemorates the Yardbirds and Earlier Zeppelin. In 2006 a Jeff Beck relic Esquire telecaster production copy, was released and today, just try to find one that's less than $20,000

For me I just love the sound.
I'm waiting on mine too. I ordered 1/25.

Pop1655

Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a graphics connection that has confirmed to me that I can get the dragon graphic.

Then I can put it on a Tele build for someone who wants a dragon tele, for one helluva lot less.
Putting that on one of your beautiful Teles would be blasphemy and a sin.

rialcnis

Reaction score
In 1966 Jeff Beck switched to his Les Paul, retiring his Esquire.

Best I can determne, the Esquire, is the sound heard on Heart Full of Soul, I'm a Man, Mister you're a better man than I, Shapes of Things, Over Under Sideways Down and many other masterpieces. I saw them first in 1965 at Hullabaloo in Hollywood. Mind boggling. Every young male like me left that show and bought a guitar, beginnng that sound that went beyond the old blues or the existing pop of the Beatles etc. Eric Clapton was great, but Beck was beyond human comprehension. Hendrix heard them too and admitted Beck blew his mind.

On the 1966 Roger the Engineer album, we start hearing Beck's Les Paul, including Beck Les Paul tribute "Beck's Boogie" understated pure tones and intentional, controlled feedback. Beck's Bolero, then Page. came in and did pure Yardbirds guitar with Little Games album and the breakthrough, Puzzles and Think About it. The riff in Think about it was the closest th7bf to what was going on onstage by 1968 which played the foundation for Zep 1 and 2 developed from 1967 through 1968.

I saw the Yardbirds on Catalina Island in Aug 1966. Jimmy Page was now on bass, Beck with Les Paul. It was wired for stereo and ping ponging from left to right across the stage, Beck playing deep feedback streams from one channel and playing over it on the other channel, like Lost Woman...and Smokestack Lightenng. No one had ever heard this before on planet Earth as stupid as it sounds, one of my biggest regrets in life, was not sneaking a recorder in to tape that. But then, who knew?

After Beck left and Jimmy Page took over as lead, he was playing the white Mirror telecaster. I saw them at six concerts in 1967 and 1968 as a four piece. Jimmy valiently carried it, but for a while it was ...

......wow we are having an Earthquake.....

6.6 in Mojave.

....as I was saying,, .....rocky...... Jimmy having to fill Jeff Beck's shoes had a rough patch...but the Little Games album, was incredible and on stage.....then the extended instrumentation I'm a man, Smokestake Lightening, I Wish you Would and and others were developing into symphonic space opera. Dazed and Confused was mnd boggling. Puzzles was a Jimmy Page masterpiece , .. listen to that sound! Incredible. The mirror telecaster had transformed into the Dragon Telecaster.

May 31 and June 1st at Shrine auditorium,, The Yardbirds "Last Raveup in LA......(i recorded it---best I could..The three record bootleg set was recorded by me. See the album cover)

The Dragon Telecaster continued on the Led Zep 1 and part of 2 inluding other later masterpieces.

It is true however that buying one of these WILL transform your fingers and brain into Yardbirdsian greatness :)

Last edited:

zombiwoof

Reaction score
I wonder if you can buy that Fender logo toploader bridge or just the plate, separately?. I know you can find other toploader Tele bridges, but it would be cool to have a Fender one.
Al