Fender Jimmy Page Dragon and Mirror Telecaster are out!

Crotch

Triggered
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Those are ugly as sin.

Go to rumble seat and by a 58 for real for less

Bud Stoner

Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a graphics connection that has confirmed to me that I can get the dragon graphic.

Then I can put it on a Tele build for someone who wants a dragon tele, for one helluva lot less.
You just had to say that, didn't you? lol

I can just imagine how awesome it would be especially with the modern radius and big ass frets.

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
Reaction score
I wonder why the mirror or “mirrored” one is more expensive.

Heppe

Reaction score
Hmm is the Dragon made in Mexico given the price difference?

Nick-O

Reaction score
None on them in that YT clip are one piece bodies. I always think that partially justifies a pricey guitar....might be just me.

rich85

Reaction score
The 50 of each guitar are officially sold out.

As expected.

Ace1432

Reaction score
the dragon tele actually holds a strong place in my life.

i was in my second year of highschool, hobbies were ramped up to the gills. i was growing, learning to love ART; drawing, painting, woodworking, metalworking, music, automotive, etc. i was still kindof lost as an individual. i was into so many different things and didnt attach to a single one for fear of 'not fitting in'. i was so worried about what my peers were doing i didnt want to be 'too' into a certain thing.

both my painting and woodworking teachers saw this. they saw the skills i had, but i needed direction and i needed a mentor to push me. i was working on a neat jimi hendrix painting one day and my painting teacher started asking about other bands and artists i was into---round then it was the big ones from the old days; zeppelin, hendrix, sabbath, cream, etc. he had great stories to share and saw how passionate i was about these bands. at the end of each school year, all of the 'art' elective classes had you make a big project that demonstrated your new skills. my painting teacher called me to his laptop and showed me a picture of a young jimmy page playing a painted telecaster with a violin bow. i had never seen this before and it was the coolest fucking thing. it got the gears in my head rolling and i printed the picture and took it to my woods teacher and brought up the idea that i wanted to do a guitar like this for both my woodworking and painting projects. they were so cool with the idea, we got cooking right away. myself and the woods teacher were set on doing a replica of the dragon, but the painting teacher wanted me to not use jimmy's art, so instead i painted it in the style of cream's Disraeli Gears album.

the tele LOOKED great but played not so great and years later i stripped all the art off and refinished it more traditionally.

long, kindof pointless story, but basically this guitar floods back memories of the moments i fell completely in love with guitars. when i see the dragon tele, i think---"yep. thats the guitar that did it for me. thats the one that started this passion."

seeing this guitar for sale now in an affordable capacity is also slightly bittersweet coz my collection is full to the brim and id have to set a few free to make room for the Dragon, but ive gotta do it. i gotta have this one in my home.