Fender Jimmy Page Dragon and Mirror Telecaster are out!

stonevibe

Reaction score
I know, right.

Possible investment opportunity, I know the original carbon copy SRV Fender Custom Shop clones have gone up loads in value since their original release.

sk8rat

Reaction score
prices are higher than I thought for the signed ones. I'm actually considering trading my lp for the telecaster. always wanted one and prefer the fender neck profile. I wonder what the non custom shop guitar production numbers are.

also, kinda lame that they are being released in the summer even thought fender made it seem like they were going to be released in January.

Bud Stoner

Premium Member
Reaction score
prices are higher than I thought for the signed ones. I'm actually considering trading my lp for the telecaster. always wanted one and prefer the fender neck profile. I wonder what the non custom shop guitar production numbers are.

also, kinda lame that they are being released in the summer even thought fender made it seem like they were going to be released in January.
I know, right.

Maybe it's to keep some momentum going to build up some excitement for the MIM.

They're going to sell well.

Duane_the_tub

Reaction score
"Trio of Fender Custom Shop Hand-Wound ‘58 single-coil pickups," really? For $25K, you'd think they could have gotten at least the basic specs right from Page's Tele.

Lungo

Reaction score
There’s a combo amp being released too. Wonder what the price will be for that.

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The Standard Tele I have works just fine - for a hell of a lot less.

TheX

Voice of Reason
Silver Supporter
Reaction score
I splurged on a bound tele deluxe, paid a grand used. That's as high as I go for a tele.

Uncle Vinnie

Premium Member
Reaction score
I hope Fender uses AAA dark rosewood. Page's Teles appear to have very dark fretboards and would look hokey with variegated or light-colored rosewood.

peobryant

Reaction score
I've had my eye on a Telecaster for a while but I'm glad I waited. $1400 is a lot less than I was expecting for the standard versions so I'll definitely be picking one up when they release.

strat1701

El Diablo Cazador De Hombres
Premium Member
Reaction score
having owned an aged Page #1, to me THAT is the quintessential 'Page' guitar. Yeah the dragon tele was first and all, but for me, #1 will always be his 59 LP.

With the market so soft, the only people buying them will be collectors, and then if you happened to get one, it'll be a hard sell if/when you wanted because anyone who would possibly want one, would more than likely already have one. For the coin for a masterbuilt Fender, I'd rather have a Frankenstein or a Blackie replicas than these Page Tele's. Shit I had a Franken-strat replica which only cost me 600 bucks and looked just as good. And yes it even had the 1971 quarter....