Fender Jag headstock decal source

shickma0

Reaction score
Hi all! I’m looking to get a replacement water slide decal for that jag I’ve been posting about since I painted over the original to do a matching headstock. Unfortunately, the correct decal seems to be really difficult to source as it’s not the standard 70s font, rather it’s much more akin to the 50s telecaster decals. If anyone has a lead on where to get one it would be much appreciated. I already contacted Fender and they said they MAY be able to replace it if I send them my guitar. I doubt they would be thrilled with the modifications I’ve made lol. Thank you!! 8D11CDD3-C36E-48C1-846D-73D88A047211.jpeg E1CC0E37-9473-4F13-A237-24E6AEF4B9C9.jpeg

redking

Reaction score
Hi all! I’m looking to get a replacement water slide decal for that jag I’ve been posting about since I painted over the original to do a matching headstock. Unfortunately, the correct decal seems to be really difficult to source as it’s not the standard 70s font, rather it’s much more akin to the 50s telecaster decals. If anyone has a lead on where to get one it would be much appreciated. I already contacted Fender and they said they MAY be able to replace it if I send them my guitar. I doubt they would be thrilled with the modifications I’ve made lol. Thank you!! View attachment 574041 View attachment 574042
There are a few vendors on Etsy that reproduce a number of different Fender decals.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
George Charles has all your needs.

Been using him for a decade.

Highest quality decals, metallic ink, perfect stuff.

email only, and you can trust him.
Also, he says "two decals", but you get much more. Trust me.

[email protected]

Write him an email, tell him what you want and he will absolutely deliver.

Make sure you tell him your specifics, just like you did here. He knows Fender and all the little details over the years.

cmjohnson

Reaction score
Ebay. I just Googled "Fender Jaguar waterslide decal" and got instant ebay hits.

Google is your friend. Ask Google FIRST. If Google doesn't have your answer, come to us. Some of us know where to get guitar related parts you don't find openly advertised...

shickma0

Reaction score
Ebay. I just Googled "Fender Jaguar waterslide decal" and got instant ebay hits.

Google is your friend. Ask Google FIRST. If Google doesn't have your answer, come to us. Some of us know where to get guitar related parts you don't find openly advertised...
That’s exactly why I asked here, I’ve been digging around for a week trying to find a matching one and could not. Only could find people selling the 70s style font that matches the curvature of the headstock.

shickma0

Reaction score

[email protected]

Make sure you tell him your specifics, just like you did here. He knows Fender and all the little details over the years.
Excellent, will do. Thank you for the recommendation!

shickma0

Reaction score
There are a few vendors on Etsy that reproduce a number of different Fender decals.
I did check there, eBay, and reverb first however they only had the large 70s style one that matched the curvature of the headstock, rather than the straight 50s style one. Thank you for the suggestion though, it’s much appreciated

redking

Reaction score
I did check there, eBay, and reverb first however they only had the large 70s style one that matched the curvature of the headstock, rather than the straight 50s style one. Thank you for the suggestion though, it’s much appreciated
I may be able to create an image for you based on your original decal and I could recommend my decal guy who could print them off for you if you like? (although I may not be able to reproduce the little "R" registered trademark in enough detail - depends on how accurate you want it to be)

edit: just saw Lt. Dave's post after my post - I would check with his guy first and that way nobody has to recreate the wheel on this :)

Last edited:

shickma0

Reaction score

[email protected]

Man, I emailed him a couple of hours ago and he already responded and has the exact decal I need. Thank you for the referral!

Ayrton

Reaction score

[email protected]

I was coming here to say this. There is no one that has more accurate decals than George

failsafe306

Reaction score

I’m glad he came here because now I know about George Charles. But usually yeah, Google is your friend.

filtersweep

Reaction score
‘Reproduce’ is a generous word.

Loads of ebay/etsy waterslides look computer printed, with jaggy, blocky lines. A good decal looks precision ‘cut.’ Most fakes look fake.

shickma0

Reaction score
‘Reproduce’ is a generous word.

Loads of ebay/etsy waterslides look computer printed, with jaggy, blocky lines. A good decal looks precision ‘cut.’ Most fakes look fake.
Yeah, the usual online retailers had some kind-of-sort-of-almost-right decals but nothing exactly right. George had the exact one I needed in the correct color ink and everything for a very reasonable price. Plus his communication was excellent and fast.

Latest Threads