Fender and Marshall tones decision

Standard 64

Reaction score
If you really like Fendery clean tones and you like a good Marshall crunch the question is would you get an amp that does do Fendery clean tones and a decent Marshall type crunch tone or get an amp that does awesome Marshall crunch and overall good clean tone? Without pedals.Thanks.

kakao

Reaction score
I solved this by having a Black Face Fender amps .. these are for all I need .. ever.

Standard 64

Reaction score
Had the stage 60 great tones but biasing looked like a big hassle and fixing the amp in case it broke looked like a nightmare

Standard 64

Reaction score
Daisycutters dont seem like they would fit my need.Im kind of partial to 6L6's and an effects loop.Though EL34's might do the trick.

rogue_one

Reaction score
As the recent recipient of a Peavey Classic 50, I say give one a shot. At least try it out. Found cheap in the used market and damn near indestructible.

If you must go the boutique route, Rude Mood.

crosstownblues

Wraptail Fan
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fender tweed Bassman is the precursor to Marshall amps, so it can be considered to cover a lot of tonal territory.

SainT-314

Reaction score
JTM-45 gets my vote, being based on the Bassman (weird), it really doesn't sound like a typical Marshall clean, to my ears at least. Fat and warm on normal and crystal to ice pick clear highs on high treble channel. And of course if you crank it you are in Angus Young's front yard.

EL-34

Reaction score
maybe an ABY pedal for a fender and marshall.

the marshall clean tone gets no love. it's great.

jay1williams

Reaction score
Blackstar HT 20 or 40 - super clean channel, and killer overdrive channel - 2 12ax7's 2 EL34's Tone heaven

Louie

Reaction score
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=126UZ425jVk[/ame]

Standard 64

Reaction score
[/HTML]

I went this route, I can cover a lot of ground:D

[/URL][/IMG]
you actually are covering a lot of ground.Need more simple route.aby is too much hassle and money is an issue. The electradyne looks nice.Need to look at those videos you guys recommended. Thanks.

cybermgk

Singin' the body lectric
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Mt Rivera HAS both a Silver and Black faced Fender on one ch (designed by Paul Rivera formerly of Fender Amp fame), and a darn good Marshall, with a hint of Mesa on the other Ch.

And for SS, my Blackstar ID:TVP 60 can do both decently as well.

IMHO, if you want both, and don't want two amps, you get an amp that has the Clean Tone. You can always add pedals to get that crunch dirt tone you want, or close to it. But, you can't get a great clean tone if it isn't there to begin with.

Latest Threads